Reviews (2 041)
2 041 results
All reviews golf course staverton park swimming pool leisure facilities buffet style course meal steam room golf break wowcher deal good deal waiting staff hot drinks saturday night short break driving range the main hotel two night stay
90 - 95 of 2 041 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I stayed here with my husband as a nice night away together. Well is was nothing but nice. Upon entering our room we found the bed was still covered in the previous occupants hair and the shower was dirty. We telephoned reception and there was no apology just rudeness we were just told to come back and they would find another room. Well the next room was exactly the same and we complained again. We were told they would send someone to look at the room but by 10pm when we got back to the room and discovered it was exactly the same we gave up! Luckily it was only one night!! I filled out their questionnaire giving my feedback and never heard anything at all!! The hotel has potential, as it is set on a really nice golf course and also has a swimming pool! But that's it!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
RayMckibben, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Hi Voodootaz

many thanks for your feedback, apologies all was not well during your stay. I see that you have filled out one of our questionnaire so will allow the team to get back to you personally.

Best wishes

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Stayed at the hotel for a course for 4 days, would like to say the lobby, bar and restaurant where excellent. Would like to mention Stephan from Romania who work in the restaurant. First class service very attentive world class service!!!

The only down side is the rooms were a little tired and could do with a refurbishment to get them to the standard of the rest of the hotel.
Overall a great stay!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Hi bRAVA7

Great to see such a positive review, also that Stephan has got such a great mention. Stephen is new to our team and along with his partner Magda has really added a tough of quality to the F&B Team here at Staverton, his influence is infectious and pretty soon we believe we will have something to be truly proud of.

We have recently undergone significant investment to improve our bars, restaurants and public areas and the bedrooms are the next area we are looking to improve and as such we endeavour to showcase our property in its best light at all times so responding to issues raised is vital to ensure we meet the needs of our guests, rest assured progress is in the pipeline.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding and we have stayed in much better De Vere hotels.
Lobby is very nice, then you go into a corridor which is like a prison block. Strangely halfway along the carpet changes to something much more pleasant so I then felt more hopeful.
Sadly the room was no better. It looks nothing like the photos on the website.
Our room was dated and with lime green accessories. No fridge, no safe and no air con. Room was very hot and as on ground floor didn't want to leave window open.
Requested a fan from reception and they said one would be put in room. Returning to our room 2 hrs later- no fan s had to go back to reception.
Later as we got ready for dinner we realised that 2 of our 3 lights were not working. We reported this to reception who said it would be sorted out.
When we returned to our room at 9.15pm - lights still not working. Rang reception who said nothing could be done until 10.30 pm. We said we wanted to go to bed so could it be fixed in the morning.
However when we returned late on Saturday night after the wedding our lights still did not work. Appalling housekeeping, no communication. Lights should have been checked when room was cleaned for our arrival.
Tea and coffe is in room but only 1 coffee each!!
Breakfast was reasonable but very few staff.
We ate in the bar our first night and food was reasonable. What did surprise us was that there was no drinks menu available in the bar so you had no idea of prices. I thought it was illegal not to display a price list. Bar staff told us it never got updated so they did not bother with one anymore!!!!!! Unbelievable.
There are much better De Vere hotels than this one.
We stayed with our family, so had booked 3 rooms. Our son and ourselves had a standard room but as our daughter has a baby they needed a 'family ' room with a travel cot. However all 3 rooms were the same size but the 'family room was more expensive. Yet apart from a travel cot tere was no difference.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Hi Travelnutbabs

Many thanks for your honest review, its disappointing all was not as you would have liked but I remain hopeful that you may return in the future.

We have recently undergone significant investment to improve our bars, restaurants and public areas and the bedrooms are the next area we are looking to improve and as such we endeavour to showcase our property in its best light at all times so responding to issues raised is vital to ensure we meet the needs of our guests.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Very overpriced hotel although the golf course is pretty good. I’ve just had s bar meal that frankly I wouldn’t have fed to a dogs. How can any chef burn a fish. Oh, and before you ask I didn’t clear the plate, the majority was placed on a nearby empty plate

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
RayMckibben, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear John W

Thanks for your review and I am so sorry that you have received that poorly cooked fish, I personally work on the hot plate a couple of nights a week and I have never seen a piece of fish come out of my Kitchen like that. I am very embarrassed, I hope you brought it to my teams attention and got a full refund, I be sending my chef this picture and he will speak to his team. Richard will be very upset that this has happened. I would also like to relay to you about your comment regarding our hotel prices, We check our competitors pricing and we are constantly lower than our major competitor set.

Thanks again for bring to my attention you disappointment in our food but please make sure where every you stay if you not happy with something as thing will go wrong from time to time in any business, let the Duty Manager know so they can rectifier any mistakes that may accrue. All we want is client to be happy at all times.

Thanks again

Ray and Team

Reviewed 21 June 2018

You would be hard pressed to find better staff at any hotel.
The room was nice although along way from reception.
With our booking we received a £5.00 voucher for food or the bar.
Ordered a bottle of Peroni and a glass of red wine and paid £8.40 including the voucher.
Buffet style breakfast was good although the food was not hot.
Location out side of Daventry which was not a problem for us as we were only staying 1 night.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Hotel pricing is never the same as pub prices but we have lots of offers in our bars to support our price conscious guests.

It looks like you ordered a large glass of wine, which is a third of a bottle of wine, Which cost you £9.85 per glass for a very good wine.
We do have lots of other cheaper wines you could have ordered, but you have very good taste in wines.

hope to see you again very soon.

Ray and The Team