“George S”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve frequented The Mayquay four times in the last two weeks. Primarily to watch the football World Cup. The staff are incredibly friendly and accommodating. The food is terrific. Generous in portions, like being in the USA, delicious, top quality without the sting in your wallet.

I’ve been on my own on a few occasions and twice with friends. When I’ve been on my own both staff and other guests have been very friendly. The punters genuinely seem decent people.

The service is efficient and wait times for food are reasonable. The staff are good at communicating wait times and accommodate by getting starters out as quick as possible. They have a good range of beverages. Payment is quick and easy. The staffs knowledge of where the tables are is sometimes a little shaky. I think this is because some of them are new. Not to worry they always find you!

I’ve sat inside the pub and also in that patio area. The bbq table is in good condition and there are plenty of TV’s in and outside.

If you don’t fancy watching sport then there are private outside areas that perfect for romantic dinners.

I’ve invited a few work colleagues to join me one night. I think we will have a fab night. The evening sun hits the outside patio and it really is very pleasant.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Finally got the chance to visit this pub wanting to try the food with one of their meal deals. It was mid week so we had the chance to go for the Rump steaks which were very tasty. We will definitely return to try the Burgers another night. Very friendly and attentive staff.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Often eat at the mayquay the food is brilliant and the staff are very helpful and friendly would recommend to anyone

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Popped to Rhyl today and found this lovely pub - pass it all the time but never been in so today we thought we would give it a try - So glad we did friendly and welcoming staff and the food was fantastic and good value for money - Definitely will be returning and would advise anyone who fancies good food to pop in you won't regret it

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Had another great meal here last night, staff always so friendly and helpful, food always perfect especially the barbecue chicken melt (totally the best), always the first choice for food