“Disappointed”
Review of Delnashaugh Hotel

Delnashaugh Hotel
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Delnashaugh Hotel is located in the heart of Speyside on the Ballindalloch Estate next to the River Avon(Pronounced A'an). The hotel has 8 double/twin ensuite rooms and 1 single room. There is a comfortable, well stocked bar and lounge and a well appointed restaurant. There is ample parking and we accept pets in some areas of the hotel (Please enquire beforehand). WiFi is available in most parts of the hotel. Non residents are welcome to use the Bar & Restaurant. The hotel is situated in a prime location for salmon fishing, stalking, golfing and walking on the Speyside way. We have some of the world's most famous distilleries on our doorstep such as The Glenlivet, Glenfarclas, Cragganmore or the picturesque Tormore. It is only a 30 minute drive to the Lecht ski center, Aviemore and The Cairngorms National Park.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Went to Delnashaugh for lunch with high expectations but was left disappointed massively. First off, I phoned up to ask about their menu because on the website it stated ‘winter 2017 menu’ and there was a early lunch menu and a main menu. I phoned and asked if the menu which was online was the current menu and got a rude blunt reply from the man (the owner) of yes if it’s on the website then it’s the menu. I then politely explained that it’s labeled as winter 2017 and it is no longer winter 2017. I then asked if the only lunch menu they had was the early bird menu and I got another rude reply of ‘yes we have a early lunch menu and OBVIOUSLY yes we have the main menu’. I was getting impatient with the rude owner and explained that I was uncertain if the main menu was for during the day as well as at night. I booked the table for 12:30 on the phone. Got to Delnashaugh and waited about 5 minutes to be greeted by anyone. Eventually got lead into the dining area and it was baltic! It was a cold day and they had no heating on at all, it was ridiculous! The dining area was only about 4 tables so they clearly don’t expect many visitors. Very old fashioned decor, wasn’t appealing at all. Looked at the menu, very basic and not a lot to choose from! Drinks came at 12:50, my brother ordered a coke which was very watered down, more water than coke. We ordered at around 12:50ish, I ordered the chicken and on the menu it doesn’t state that it comes with any sauce but it came with one which was misleading. Nice enough but very basic pub grub but the waiting time was so poor, we were the only table in at the time and our mains took 40 minutes to come, so poor. We ordered a few desserts and we all said that they were just shop bought desserts charged at £6 each and even they took about 15 minutes to come! Went and paid and got greeted by the male owner who clearly has never had any manners taught to him or ever has been told about presenting himself smart rather than dirty jeans and top (very off putting), he told us the price and then just stood there and after a minute we asked if we could pay by card then he snapped at us telling us to hold on then went through the back. He then returned saying that they had undercharged us and he corrected it by adding 3 desserts for an extra £20. Overall, this restaurant is bog standard food, very overpriced, bad location and the worst customer service. This restaurant was the place that my summer work night was intending to be but after my experience there, everyone was put off. The customer service really was so bad and the manner of the owner just cost himself a table of 30. Manners cost nothing. Don’t recommend at all.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I cannot recommend Fiona, Andrew and the team highly enough!

My family and friends came together from around the world to celebrate my 30th birthday in the Highlands and we chose to have dinner at Delnashaugh. This was one of the highlights of our trip - we were so well looked after with such friendly service that we felt part of the family too.

The care and attention, along with the outstanding food and excellent drink selection, was so good that we came back again for dinner the next night!

We will definitely be returning on our next trip up...this time we will also stay in the hotel too!

Thank you all again so much - we will hopefully see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Was here with a party for lunch today, ours was ordered in advance so not long to wait. Excellent service, very pleasant staff lovely presented food and very good as well, will def. return if passing again,

Reviewed 27 May 2018

We ate here one evening whilst walking the Speyside Way and staying at a nearby B&B. Our food was very tasty with generous portions sizes. It was a beautiful evening and we were also able to have drinks on their outside decking area before dinner. The Hosts were extremely friendly and even gave us a lift home to our B&B after we'd enjoyed dinner and a few drinks. Definitely recommend this nice little Hotel!

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We had a problem in our bookings because the hotel has a brand new management which just took over and the old managers did not pass the reservation information. It might not have been their fault but as someone who paid for the bookings 8 months before the travel date - I thought an apology was due. None came -
However other than that the experience was very nice . The rooms are slightly basic but it is very charming to see the whole family including the daughters pitch in to help the parents in managing the hotel. Andrew the owner was very generous with tips on places to see, things to do . He used to run a local distillery and knows his scotch. Food was very good - The small missteps other than the reservation snaffu will get fixed as they get some experience in running the place. Overall a good experience