Free cancellation until 27/07
Hotels.com
US$92
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel(Waltham Abbey)
US$105
Packfords Hotel(Woodford)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$176
TripAdvisor
All reviewsblue boarfamily birthday mealmain dishsticky toffee puddingroast beefnice pubmy mumessex
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Very nice menu with lots of attractive items which makes it hard to choose. Food was well prepared and we received good service. Only negatives are that prices are well in excess of what you would expect to pay for this type of restaurant, it is very noisy, and car parking is limited if you do not get there early.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2018

I must have stayed here now 6-7 times. Rooms are very nice and clean, not noticed noise in rooms on roadside. Bar is very inviting with very nice bar staff (forgot her name). Checking in is an absolute pleasure, certainly if Juanita looks after you; very kind, professional with a genuine smile. Absolute star. Food I find is very good; never had a reason to go elsewhere. Well done Blue Boar... I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I ate here for our anniversary celebration. The restaurant was busy but the service was excellent- we were never kept waiting too long for anything. It was a Sunday so the menu was mostly roast dinners. I had the beef which was absolutely delicious - and the Yorkshire puddings and potatoes were top notch as well. My wife had the gammon which was a bit salty for her liking but that's a matter of taste rather than quality I think. Sticky toffee pudding was perfect but could have done with a bigger portion! The atmosphere is relaxed - not at all stuffy. The prices are a bit steep but we felt it was justified by the quality and the service.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2018

I came here with my parents the other day en route back to London from Essex, as my father wanted a nice pub lunch. We opted for the Lunch for £10 menu, which is only one course, but good value for money. The waitresses were friendly and helpful, in that they were happy to check whether or not my dish had onions in. The service may have been a little slow, but it was worth the wait as the meals were nicely presented. The only thing I will say is that while my main dish did not have onions, it came with a side salad (not indicated on the menu) which unfortunately did, so I had to pick round the onions, as if I taste them, it gives me a bad reaction.

That said, the pub is very welcoming, with a large, light dining area, and I would definitely go back if I happen to be driving through Abridge.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

First of all I’d like to apologies that it’s taken me so long to do this review! I booked the blue boar for my sisters baby shower and they were so extremely catering! The staff were very helpful and pretty much allowed me to decorate the room as I wished. The afternoon tea was beautiful and very filling. They even looked after my mum who is a coeliac ! Thank you so much I recommend you all the time. Again, I’m sorry it’s taken so long!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends