Hotel Kouros(Apollon)
US$177
US$163
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$192/night.

Paradisia Villas(Naxos Town)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$137
Hotel Grotta(Naxos Town)
US$152
Anatoli Hotel(Naxos Town)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$165
Hotels.com
Apollon Naxos Town(Naxos Town)
US$101
Sagterra Studios(Naxos Town)
US$152
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsorganic gardenthe ownerhomemade lemonhome grownnaxos townmoussakasea viewthe hotel is cleanbeach is lovelysmall beachbeautiful villagehome cookingmadding crowdfine sandfresh productsquiet placetraditional greek food
Reviewed 4 October 2016

I echo the previous reviewer. I came in the 2nd week of September as a solo traveler looking for an inexpensive place to relax and get away from it all. The Adonis Hotel did not disappoint.

The hotel is simple and charming. The rooms are very basic but have plenty of storage. The balcony doors open to the seaside (the hotel is across the street from the water) and the sound of waves lulls you to sleep. No bugs!!! The front of the hotel in September is planted with cosmos flowers and is stunning.

Breakfast is extra and is the standard Greek hotel breakfast but the cakes and preserves were made by mama and the figs and other fruits of the season come from the organic garden.

Stamatis, the owner, is the hardest working, most congenial man in Greece. I took the bus 3 mornings at 6:45 am and each time he had coffee waiting for me (free). Breakfast doesn't start until 8 am. When the ferries went on strike he called the company for me to see if I could keep my ticket and was gracious when I decided to leave a day early and offered to go through my booking company to reimburse me.

The charming little town of Apollon is an hour away from the port (Naxos Town / Chora). The bus runs only once a day so I had to ask Stamatis to pick me up at a rate well below a taxi but not the 7 euro bus fare I had planned on. In September the town is bustling with tourists that arrive on tour buses for lunch and beach time, but evenings are quiet and almost deserted. The "supermarket" is almost empty so don't plan on doing much shopping there. If you have a car, no problem. If not, it's a 1-hour bus ride to Filoti (or maybe Aperanthos) to do shopping. Also, no ATM or bank in Apollon.

Because I couldn't rent a car, I was forced to relax (which is what I came for) but I would recommend renting a car (if you're a U.S. citizen you need an international driver's license) and using Apollon as a jumping off place. I filled my days, hiking among the striking arid beauty of the area and visiting the villages accessible by bus.

The Adonis Hotel, Apollon, and Naxos were the highlight of my month-long Greek holiday.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Adonis_Naxos, Ιδιοκτήτης at Adonis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

Dear Katherine,

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Adonis Hotel and that you liked our homemade organic meals.
As you already said, Apollon is a quiet village which is located one hour away from the crowded tourist port of Naxos. Nevertheless, it is a great place to start your adventure and to discover the hidden treasures of the island of Naxos, such as the beautiful beaches of the east coast and the picturesque villages at the center of the island. It is recommendable that you rent a car, but the hotel has its own mini bus service from and to the port of Naxos for a reasonable price.
I hope that you will visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 28 September 2016

I spent a week at Adonis Hotel and in Apollon because I wanted to get away from the hectic nature of my life. The first thing I need to write is that I came at the end of the touristic season at the village and it was almost empty (In some evenings I just sat all by myself at a restaurant. Weird but interesting).

Now, about Adonis Hotel. As previous comments mentioned it, Stamatis the owner is the star of the place. No matter what I asked and when I asked it, Stamatis was ready with the answer and with a smile. Kind of amazing when I think about it. How many smiles can one person have in a day?

The hotel is simple but has everything a person need when he visits a small village. The Sound of the waves make the sleeping part amazing. You can even rent chairs and umbrellas to enjoy the small beaches. If you want peace, quiet (again, I was there at the end of the season so it was quiet) and a 24/7 good service, Adonis is the place for you.

(just one note: if you can rent a car, do it. I didn't and when I needed aloe vera, the local grocery store didn't have any and I was stuck)

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

Dear Aviad,

Thank you very much for your review! I am happy that you got to enjoy the peacefulness of Apollon village and its beautiful beach. I am also glad that you liked the Greek hospitality. It is true that it is recommended to rent a car when you are staying at Adonis Hotel, which is situated one hour away from the port of Naxos. Nevertheless, the hotel has its own minibus service from and to the port for a reasonable price.
I hope that we will meet again in the future! Safe travels!

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

We had a lovely 4 night visit to Hotel Adonis at Apollon village in Naxos. It is well worth the effort to venture away from the crowds and absorb a real taste of Greek life. Our visit was a refreshing experience compared to many holiday venues that are unashamedly commercially driven. Stematis and his team made us feel truly welcome and made every effort to share places of interest on the island of Naxos.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear David,

Thank you very much for your kind words! I am very happy that you liked your stay at Adonis Hotel, which is be located away from the crowded tourist areas. I am also glad that you enjoyed the traditional Greek life and I hope that we will see each other again in the future.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

Loved our holiday in this superb, friendly hotel in the peaceful village of Apollonia on the wonderful island of Naxos .The attentive and dedicated staff could not have done more for us and heading it all up was the captivating Stamatis who was always on hand to ensure everything goes smoothly.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus
Adonis_Naxos, Ιδιοκτήτης at Adonis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2016

Dear Anthony,

Thank you very much for your kind words! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Adonis Hotel and that you felt welcome. I hope that we are going to meet each other again in the future.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

A lovely hotel and beautiful location. The staff are very helpful and take great pride in the quality of the service. We stayed in a few places in Greece on our trip and this was the most welcoming and relaxing.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Joe,

Thank you very much for your kind words! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt welcome! It is true that Adonis Hotel is one of the best places to relax and enjoy homemade meals made out of local products. I hope that we will have the chance to meet each other again.