“My Shirley Valentine moment...”
Review of Adonis Hotel

Adonis Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Apollon
Reviewed 7 July 2016

I recently spent 2 weeks in Greece; starting in Athens and then touring several islands in the Cyclades via ferry. Naxos was one of my favorites and Apollon was exactly what I was hoping for in a quaint fishing village. The Hotel Adonis is charming and the hospitality exceptional. When I expressed my disappointment that I would not be available to take the scheduled garden tour the owner, Stamadis, dropped what he was doing and personally escorted me through, explaining their farming methods. As an avid amateur gardener, this was a real highlight for me. Breakfast was very tasty, and bountiful! Since the restaurant had not yet opened for the season we were directed to a near bye grill where locals were having a family celebration. We felt like we had come home.

Room Tip: The waterfront rooms offer a beautiful sunrise.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Adonis_Naxos, Owner at Adonis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Dear Kathryn,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I will be very happy to meet with you again in Apollon. As for gardening, it was a real pleasure for me showing you our all natural vegetables growing in the fields and giving you useful - I hope - tips. I am glad that the experience was so exciting for you.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

This was by far the best destination on our island hopping trip of Naxos, to Ios (full of all-night party-going spring breakers) and Santorini (absolutely dreadfully overrun with tourists and choking with exhaust fumes). Naxos, and especially Hotel Adonis in the quiet little fishing village of Apollonas up north, was a little slice of heaven in comparison. I wish we had stayed there longer and not left.

The hotel is clean and simple and in a good location. The owner Stamadis offers guests the utmost courtesy and hospitality; going out of his way to make sure the guests enjoy their time to the fullest. As is usually proven right, any restaurants along the waterfront have only the view to offer. We quickly found out that the best food by far was in the hotel; especially the wide range of goodies served up for breakfast. Most of the food is all home grown and bio which is something we appreciate... we even had a personal tour of the garden where the food is grown.

The beach is just across the road and has a life saver on duty. If you're into hiking, then there's some mega hikes on both sides of the bay. If you're up for it, you can climb 760m+ vertical to the top of the mountain range and enter the island's highest village from above for lunch. The views are spectacular.

Dear Miles,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am very happy that you and your wife enjoyed your time with us, and that Apollon, and especially Adonis Hotel, lived up to your expectations. I am really glad that you appreciated the time we put into growing our own vegetables and the effort we put into preparing the best meals for our customers. We hope to meet with you again!

Reviewed 26 June 2016

Apollon is a tiny seaside town, quiet and very relaxing, far from the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives. Spectacular journey to get there over the mountains. Stamatis in the Adonis hotel was a wonderful host and we enjoyed talking to him and seeing his organic garden and eating his organic foods and drinking his home made liquors. He advised us on walks and drives to see beautiful Naxos. The hotel was great value for money. Nicos restaurant is 2 minutes from here and well worth a visit. Hope to return next year.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Sheelagh and Phillip,

I would like to thank you for your kind words! Apollon is indeed a peaceful village. I am very glad that I was able to help you enjoy your trip as much as possible. I hope that we are going to see each other again.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

We checked in to this hotel and met the nicest guy we have met here in Greece. We unfortunately had to leave hours after check in due to an emergency. The room was clean and had a great ocean view with a perfect location. I highly recommend this hotel.

Dear Brandon,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I hope that we are going to meet each other again in Apollon, but this time you will stay longer so that you can enjoy yourselves better. I am really glad that I met you both.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

We stayed at Adonis hotel for only 1 night and it was enough for Stamatis and his team to make us feel like home. Stamatis was so kind to invite us to taste some of his homemade liqueurs and share some stories before having a good night sleep, the next morning he showed us his garden where all the fresh produce for the hotel comes from and we got to taste some of it with our amazing breakfast! Plus Naxos has the best marked walking trails, some that start from near Apollon. Really worth it!

Dear Kai,

Thank you very much for your kind words. It was a real pleasure for us to have you both here. I am really glad you liked our products and garden and that you enjoyed your time here. I hope that we will have the chance to meet each other again, in Apollon or in beautiful Tallinn!

Stamatis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Apollon
17.6 km away
17.8 km away
Nastasia Village Hotel
Nastasia Village Hotel
#3 of 58 in Naxos Town

Been to Adonis Hotel? Share your experiences!