“Most welcoming hotel in Naxos (possibly in Greece!)”
Review of Adonis Hotel

Adonis Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Apollon
Reviewed 25 May 2016

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights.
The hotel owner, Stamatis, was extremely welcoming and made us feel at home at Adonis Hotel.
We could not believe how nice and attentive this man is!
He even showed us a typical Greek dance!

The Hotel itself is a beautiful building located 5 steps away from the beach, in this little fishermen village.

From all the islands and hotels that we have visited in Greece, this one was the best value (price/quality), with the most warming welcome.

Do not miss: For a very affordable price, you can get delicious breakfast or dinner, prepared with fresh products from the hotel's garden.

Room Tip: We had the Family suite, that has 2 seperate rooms - and it was just perfect for our group of 3, wit...
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Adonis_Naxos, Owner at Adonis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Dear Marianne and family,

Thank you very much for your kind words! I am so pleased that I was able to make you feel so welcome here. I am very glad that you were able to enjoy yourselves and that you liked the Greek food and the Greek dances so much. In fact, you gave me an excellent idea. We are going to organize Traditional Greek Dances evenings here in the hotel. I hope that you will visit again. I would like to see you all and dance with you again!

Reviewed 17 May 2016

My one night at the Adonis Hotel turned into two nights I enjoyed the experience so much. First, the owner, Stamatis, was so helpful and hospitable. The hotel is basic but very clean and in a wonderful little beach town. I rented a car and thoroughly enjoyed two days of driving around the island. I took one of the sea view rooms and enjoyed the view each morning as I started my day. I enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel one morning. It was a great treat of local and home produced products. Eating out on the hotel porch was a real treat. This hotel is a great place to relax. There are several restaurants and cafes within walking distance and a small beach. It is a very small, remote seaside town so make sure you are aware of where you are going. For me, it was a wonderful place to relax and use as a base for touring beautiful and authentic Naxos.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo

Dear Thomas,

Thank you very much for your kind words! I am so glad that you were able to relax and enjoy yourself in my hotel. I am also very pleased that you liked our breakfast. I hope that we are going to meet each other again in the beautiful island of Naxos.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

The Hotel Adonis has everything you may wish : nice rooms, nice location, close to the beach, food prepared, with local products, affordable prices...And above all, the unique kindness of the owner, Stamatis, who makes you discover the surroundings (including his garden) and the life of the village. And don't forget to try the home made liqueurs...

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Jean-Jacques,

Thank you very much for your kind words! I am really glad that you enjoyed yourselves at my hotel. I am also very pleased that you liked the garden and the homemade liqueurs. I really hope that we are going to see each other again here, in Apollon!

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I now don't exactly remember what made us pick this hotel when we booked it a month ago- maybe the reviews and the price had seemed like a good deal. But we were not at all prepared for the wonderful time we would have here. Apollon is a village by the sea, to the north of the island. The views on the way here are not from this world. Apollon has a small gorgeous beach with a wonderful cafes (a stone throw away from this hotel) ;the people, very friendly; nearby villages extremely charming. It is totally worth the 45 minute ride on the scooter. In a way, the remote setting of the village makes it very special. The best part about our stay; even though the place itself was hard to beat, was the owner, Stamatis. He put us totally at ease, we almost felt like we belonged there. He showed us his trees and his garden which he was so fond of; we were very impressed with his way of life and ideas. We really enjoyed getting to know the island and Greece from him. I can go on and on. If you are reading this review; I recommend that you waste no further time and book this hotel now ! You can thank me later!

Do try the home made sour cherry liqueur.

Room Tip: All rooms are sea facing (I think)
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Neelima,

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is very important to me that you had such a good time here in Apollon and especially in Adonis Hotel. I am glad you liked the garden, the liqueur and our hospitality. I hope that both of you will come and visit us again, or perhaps I will come one day to India!

Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

On paper yes, it is a 2 star hotel. However, the owner and his family work tirelessly to provide a 5 star experience to every guest. The rooms are average. But the staff are some of the nicest I've seen anywhere in the world. All of the food is home grown and delicious and they really do make for a magical experience in the Greek isles

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank nsalokin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apollon
17,6 km away
17,2 km away
Anatoli Hotel
Anatoli Hotel
#10 of 57 in Naxos Town

Been to Adonis Hotel? Share your experiences!