“GREAT COFFEE”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2017

I stopped here for lunch during a long day on my motorcycle. The greeting from the staff was warm and friendly. I loved the coffee and consider it one of the best I have had during my tour of Italy. The freshly made pasta was delicious. A great place for a great lunch.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

We spent the weekend in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana and decided to go somewhere special for Sunday lunch. It's a windy, twisty road getting there, but Col D'arciana is worth it! Beautiful views and fabulous food. We sat outside in the terraced area, the views look out onto the Apuane mountain range and it is a truly stunning view. The food was wonderful too, the adults all ate the wonderful porcini antipasti options, but my two children ( 8 & 5) had plenty to choose from on the menu too, they had tortelli with Ragu' and the other had pappardelle and licked the plate clean! I had tagliatelle with porcini, absolutely delicious. I couldn't eat a second course I was so full from the antipasti and first course. Lovely place!

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank 16GDB
Reviewed 17 July 2016

What a wonderful lunch - at about 2.30pm - sitting outside on their terrace in the Tuscan sunshine. Their special of home-made pasta with local mushrooms and herbs was divine. Then the blackcurrant ice-cream was totally different from our concept of what that would be - vanilla ice cream drowning in fresh blackcurrants. And the hostess was great with communication in a mixture of anglo-italiano and sign-language. A great place in a wonderful part of the world - and the bill at the end was minimal for the quality of the food.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Drove up to this restaurant from our vacation house in Castiglione di Gargagnana for lunch on a Thursday. We only ordered pasta and had four different dishes. The ravioli and tortoli were probably the best, but none of the four was outstanding compared to the other restaurants we've been to in Tuscany on our vacation. Service was attentive and the food came expeditiously. Room was charming although they had a dubbed American or British soap opera on TV which took away from the charm. They served a plate of small square-shaped pieces of bread that were crispy on the outside, chewy on the outside -- those were great! Price was very reasonable. If you're in the area and lookking for a casual lunch, this place will be fine but won't knock your socks off.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Stopped off for lunch after a trip to San Pellegrino with friends. Anti pasta was great, with a good selection of dishes. The main pasta dishes were superb, the pasta was out of this world and my favourite was the ravioli. Highly recommend a visit,

Date of visit: August 2015