“perfect seaside cod and chips”

The Galleon Fish & Chip Shop
Ranked #9 of 41 Restaurants in Rhos-on-Sea
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: The Galleon fish & chip shop is a family owned business, trading with it's current owners since 1991, Andrew & Tina Whincup. The Galleon has been awarded many prestigious awards over the past 12 years, named Welsh Fish and Chip Shop of the Year 2002 by the Seafish Industry Authority, becoming runners up in the UK 2002 & 2003. Tina also came 3rd in Young Fish frier of the year competition in 1999. Here at The Galleon we pride ourselves on the quality of our product. Our customer service and food quality are by far the most important thing to us and we will be more than happy to take your comments on board.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

On our recent trip to Rhos, visited here on google recommendation on arrival into the little town. We were not disappointed. We got take away cod and chips and ate them by the promenade. The fish was really tasty, batter not very greasy, which was great - fluffy chips - best I've had for a while. When serving up the chips, they add salt and vinegar on the chips add the fish and then re-salt and vinegar on top of the fish - perfectly seasoned for us! Would recommend. Reasonably priced too.

1  Thank monkeychops28

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Excellent for fish and chips and great service. Mikela who served us is fantastic. So friendly and enthusiastic. The meal was very good, and price fine (we were lucky enough to quality for Senior Citizens). The restaurant is next door to their takeaway fish and chip shop. It was all good and strongly recommend.

1  Thank Globe_Runners
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We decided to call at The Galleon Fish and Chip Shop in Rhos-on-sea on our return from the caravan

We ordered I had
Meat and Potato pie chips, mushy peas, gravy and two slices of brown bread and butter with a cup of coffee

The food was excellent however when we asked for the bill I was charged for the
pie and chips £6:25
Gravy £1:35
Peas £1:35
Bread and butter X 2 £1:00
Coffee £2:20
However as per the picture Pie and chips comes with either Gravy or Peas Plus others
I questioned this with the server and she departed with the menu
She returned and said she had made a mistake

My gripe is how many people check the bill it's not the £1:35 it's the principle

My friend had Spicey Chicken Burger and was charged 50p for the bun ( I thought a burger came with a bun)

Very disappointing after they were saying they had been going for 20 years on the menu 1997 to 2017

It will probably take me a further 20 years before I return

Dickie :(

I have marked this because of the overcharging

1  Thank RDeLawn
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Went in here today for food and all I can say is disgusting chips was minging fish wasn't any better will not be going back again,left mine that disgusting then was asked would I like to take the rest home no thank you wouldn't even give it my dog if I had one

1  Thank Claire W
Reviewed 21 February 2018

No idea if it's changed hands in the past few months, but it's nothing like as good as it was. Food tastes like it's been reheated or cooked in oil that isn't changed enough. A lot of the chips had eyes left in them that should have been cut out.

1  Thank norabattyWales