“Really pleased”

Ranked #12 of 41 Restaurants in Rhos-on-Sea
Price range: US$7 - US$39
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a family friendly pub and restaurant serving food all day. Great outdoor seating to accommodate up to 200 people with comfortable benches and umbrellas and inside we can accommodate up to 70 people. Superb open fireplace in the winter and a wide range of real ales.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Although we booked a particular table for six two days in advance,we were not given the table as it had been double booked-not a good start,but after this hiccup things went increasingly better,we were given a table in the bar rather than the restaurant which was acceptable.There is a great choice of cask ales.The staff very friendly & helpful-the waiter was somewhat of a genius,he was able to take our orders by memory only & without error at that-remarkable.The main meals were really good & enjoyed by all,the sweets likewise.A good time had by all and will definitely use here again.The car park is restricted but can also park on the roadside.There are a number of benches with sun brollies outside to enjoy Al Fresco.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I visited yesterday for lunch. It wasn’t very busy at all. Staff are very attentive and polite and you do get a warm welcome. Food,however,is a different matter. My husband ordered the Gammon and Chips which was good,chips a but dry but edible. My Vegetable Quiche new potatoes arrived luke warm. I cannot abide cold/luke warm food when it’s supposed to be hot! I waited about ten minutes for my food to be returned and by this time my husband had finished his meal. My food was reheated in the microwave and what came back was exploded dry potatoes and a very chewy pastry to the quiche. Salad was limp and tasteless. Very disappointing. I was handed my receipt by the waitress and a couple of chocolate mints after i paid with an apology of “sorry about the food-have a couple of chocolates-but I know it doest make up for the food.”

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A great place to eat during my one night stopover. Great value, good choice of ales and very welcoming staff.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having read the website menu, we called in around 11.30 am for an early lunch. The website stated food served from 11am but was told the kitchen wouldn't be opening for another 20mins. Ok, had a drink and sat outside in the sun. The tables were sticky and all had full ashtrays on them from the previous evening, the floor was in need of a good brush down also.
Had already decided on the prawn and crab wrap as seen on the website menu, but it wasn't on the menu cards, and was told they don't do it anymore, so opted for the cheese and pickle wrap.....big mistake....I don't know, maybe it's me, but for £6.45 I expected some nice slices of flavoursome cheese and some pickle.....when the wrap arrived it was packed full of grated shiny processed tasteless cheese ( looked like cooking cheese) mixed in with a large amount of thin brown pickle sauce. Had the cheese had any flavour it would have been smothered with the amount of pickle mixed in. Classic example of quantity not quality! I left the second wrap as my tastebuds had become numb from the taste of the pickle!!
We left when the seagulls started hovering and our plates weren't cleared.such a shame, a lovely al fresco dining area, but the food and upkeep lets it down.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited on the 3 June, which was very hot so had a seat and table outside. We both chose homemade steak burger which was very good. Staff attentive despite being run off their feet.Our 2nd visit we sat in the restaurant and once again the food was great - I had fish and chips and my wife had a gammon steak which she loved.