“Great Little Pub”
Review of The Chestnut Horse

The Chestnut Horse
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Country Pub with separate area for dining, Serving food daily and can cater for parties. Regular quiz nights, coffee mornings and music nights as well as bouncy castle fun for the kids and a childrens garden area. Plenty of parking and outside seating for those lovely warm summer days and nights
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What more can you ask for from a local village pub; very friendly service, good range of drinks, freshly cooked food with something for everybody at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went in there for my birthday with my family, my dad had the lamb shank and said that it was very tender, me and my best friend had the cheeseburgers- which were juicy and amazing and my mum had the fillet of steak and it was perfect, the home made Creme brûlée was the best I’ve ever had I highly recommend

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Have to admit i was nervous when my other half surprised me with a meal here for date night as id heard bad things previously. However its under new management and it was a very nice meal. We both had three courses all of which were nice and piping hot. Well apart from the icecream sundae . The range of gins and beers were good and the pub had a nice feel to it. Would return to try other things on the extensive menu. Service was also good.

1  Thank Michaela S
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Having decided at only 1pm on a bank holiday Monday to head out for lunch...and racking our brains for somewhere different... we came upon the Chestnut horse!! It was a real delight!! The service was fantastic, the bar staff super friendly, and couldn’t help enough. My husband had the lamb shank (said it was great).. I had the mussels (equally tasty)... our boys had burger and pasta off the kids menu (again super tasty and great value worth ice cream included for pudding).... we loved the mini kids picnic benches. There was just a really great chilled, local vibe to the pub and it felt a privilege to be a part of it (and not just another customer at some of the busier pubs).. plus a bouncy castle...the kids were entertained for hours!! Thanks and we will most definitely be back!!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We were staying in the area for a few days and went for dinner one evening. We both had the Thai Fish Curry which was excellent. The staff were very pleasant and at the end of the evening we enjoyed talking to them and some of the other guests in the bar. They need a website to advertise to visitors as this is the first thing we do when in a new area.

1  Thank BD1234