“Screen 1 Disaster ”

Ranked #4 of 5 Fun & Games in Richmond
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Screen 1 at Richmond Odeon has had a problem for nearly a year and I’m extremely fed up about it!
This happened to us 10 months ago and the same thing happened yesterday.
The depth of field in the projector has failed so the only thing in focus on the film is the central object.
I complained a couple of minutes in to the film, they tried to rectify and then I complained FOUR more times! AN HOUR LATER IT WAS STILL IN A BLUR and then the manager said it was too late to reset the movie. He admitted it was an ongoing problem due to the age of the projector.
Why are they still charging £17 for a ticket to a movie that is mostly in a blur?
They are actually hoping that customers think the movie should look like that.
It’s an unacceptable disgrace.
It was also freezing cold in there and everyone kept their coat on.
My son and I left after an hour and I got my money back.
If this was a one off it would be ok. But it’s happened twice to me on full price movies and once to my partner in a kids club film.
My advice is to AVOID and don’t put your money into it.

1  Thank Michele D

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We are going to the films quite often and have noticed, that the room temperatures are very very vary.
When it is freezing cold outside, it is freezing inside as well, and you shiver through the film. Otherwise, clean and friendly!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The Odeon Studio cinema in Richmond is the smaller of partner of the larger Odeon cinema in the town. So as the name implies the multi screen theatre has small auditoriums and screens. I last saw a film on Screen 4 and is not so good for films that are visually spectacular. "Smaller" more domestic scale movies work quite well here. Also the sound system could be more dynamic.
The interior of the foyer areas are bland, not very welcoming, a little tired and in my opinion could do with updating. They do sell a small amount of products like soft drinks and packet food - popcorn etc.However the film choice is good between the two cinemas and that is the most important factor for me.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Been in and out of the cinema recently catching up with films.
The cinema screens are a little on the small side, and some screens do not have premier seats, which is rather disappointing.
The staff are always on good form, but the price of the sweets and nibbly bits are ridiculously high. This needs to be reviewed.
I do find that the auditorium is cold, and I never warm up enough to remove my jacket.