“Carry out meal”
Review of Yaks

Yaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Yaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 177 Restaurants in Bangor
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Just tried a carry out meal for the first time this evening.
Staff were excellent as was the online ordering system . This cut down waiting time and gave a good discount on the price.
Food was really good , tasted really fresh. We usually use a carryout in main street , don’t think well go back .
Recommend you try for yourself .

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Headed to Yaks based on a word of mouth recommendation. We were not disappointed. The staff were lovely, so welcoming and made us feel like they really appreciated us choosing their restaurant. We had Nepalese lamb curry and a vegetable curry. Beautifully served in traditional dishes and both excellent. My daughter had street food Momo dumplings which we all sampled. Again excellent. The 2 Indian dishes, pathia and korma the children chose were delicious. Empty plates all round.We wish them every success.A real bonus for Bangor.Back soon.

2  Thank Emily M
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Yaks seemed an obvious choice for a special occasion and we certainly were not disappointed. The welcome on arrival is warm and sincere. All the mothers were given a flower and all adults a glass of fizzy wine at the end of the meal. Such a lovely gesture which made the occasion feel very special. The staff as always were very friendly and interested in ensuring we all got the right choice of meal with the level of spice temperature to suit our individual tastes. They really do go the extra mile. The food was as we have come to expect at Yaks delicious. Thanks to all at Yaks keep up the good work.

1  Thank Mountains999
Reviewed 26 March 2018

If you've had Indian food, you'll find familiar dishes on the menu. We've been a few times and love to try things we haven't had before. But I will always always get the momos. My husband likes the buffalo momos, but I loved the vegetarian. There's a kind of pickled veg in there and it's so so so good, slightly bitter and yummy. I hope they don't change them. People need to try new things and flavours.

I would go just for a plate of momos, but I always feel like I have to try something new too.

Some other folks have mentioned the decor, it is like someone went to town with the paint. I think they were going for "mountains"? It is certainly funky looking! I don't think it detracts from the experience, it's something to talk about :D

1  Thank nearly
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Not only is the food great, but this restaurant has , what we old hippies would describe as, a good vibe. So much fun. ...staff amazing.