“They made mothers day very special”
Review of Yaks

Yaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Yaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 178 Restaurants in Bangor
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Yaks seemed an obvious choice for a special occasion and we certainly were not disappointed. The welcome on arrival is warm and sincere. All the mothers were given a flower and all adults a glass of fizzy wine at the end of the meal. Such a lovely gesture which made the occasion feel very special. The staff as always were very friendly and interested in ensuring we all got the right choice of meal with the level of spice temperature to suit our individual tastes. They really do go the extra mile. The food was as we have come to expect at Yaks delicious. Thanks to all at Yaks keep up the good work.

1  Thank Mountains999

Reviewed 26 March 2018

If you've had Indian food, you'll find familiar dishes on the menu. We've been a few times and love to try things we haven't had before. But I will always always get the momos. My husband likes the buffalo momos, but I loved the vegetarian. There's a kind of pickled veg in there and it's so so so good, slightly bitter and yummy. I hope they don't change them. People need to try new things and flavours.

I would go just for a plate of momos, but I always feel like I have to try something new too.

Some other folks have mentioned the decor, it is like someone went to town with the paint. I think they were going for "mountains"? It is certainly funky looking! I don't think it detracts from the experience, it's something to talk about :D

1  Thank nearly
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Not only is the food great, but this restaurant has , what we old hippies would describe as, a good vibe. So much fun. ...staff amazing.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Yaks is an unassuming place with a BIG heart and beautiful food. The staff were so friendly and the curry was one of the best I’ve ever had. The Nepalese lamb curry was recommended by our waiter and it was excellent. But the star of the show was definitely the nann bread. Plus, the staff were so enthusiastic and generous with their time and hospitality it really made us feel like we were part of the family. Absolutely loved it and will definitely be back. Feel very lucky that Yaks chose to open in our wee town.

1  Thank Baxtdger
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We visited on Saturday evening and were really impressed with Yaks. The food was absolutely delicious - we shared the vegetable Momo to start - fresh and tasty with a good hint of spice. After this I had their vegetarian special- rice, tarka dhak, vegetable curry and a peshwari nan. The flavours were excellent and it was spicy without being overpowering. We don’t live nearby but wouldn’t hesitate to visit again if we were in the area.