“Solid and dependable”

Cuisines: Pub, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Spend a while on a chilly Easter week reading and enjoying the curry night. Nice beer, plenty of room, football on TV if you want it. Nice pub with character. Cosy.

Manager_Dovey_Inn, General Manager at Dovey Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi JeffandLes,

Thank you for your recent review of us and you kind words! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Dovey soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Average pub grub, nothing amazing. Wasn’t too keen on the amount of dogs in the place , very off putting around food. Some peop,e had more than one dog and they were sprawled out everywhere, quite smelly. Maybe the management should have a separate area for owners and dogs, not good if someone is allergic to them. Wouldn’t go again for that reason

Hi chorineDenbigh,

Thank you for your recent review of The Dovey.

We are a dog friendly pub however, there are only certain areas that they are allowed in. We do have separate areas for people to dine.

If you would like to visit us again in the future please let us know and we will gladly reserve a table for you in an area away from our dog friendly areas.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Went in for a Sunday dinner, they had sold out. Had sausage and mash instead. It was disgusting. Found a hair wrapped around the sausage. Told the waitress who stared at it and then at my hair, it was a different colour and length!! Waitress said it wasn’t her hair and she would speak to the manager. 10 minutes later she came back and told me she would replace it.
Which they did. She came back a bit later and asked me if I was “happy now”.
Manager didn’t come over to apologise either! I won’t be eating in there again!!

Hi Samantha M,

Thank you for your recent review of us and I am disappointed to read through your comments and this is certainly not a level of service that I would expect any of our customers to receive.

I have recently taken over The Dovey along with a new Head Chef so please be assured that I will address your comments with the team to ensure that it does not happen again in the future.

If you would like to discuss this further with me please do not hesitate to contact me on 01654 767332.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We used this as on holiday in Aberdovey. The staff were friendly and accessible .it was Easter weekend so really busy but the food came out really quick. The food was tasty and really well priced. I wouldn’t come here for a romantic meal but as an being out it was a buzzing pub with a good atmosphere .

Manager_Dovey_Inn, General Manager at Dovey Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time here and hope you visit again when returning to the area. I will also pass on your kind comments to the team.

Thank you once again.

Steff&TeamDovey

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Staying in local area booked a party of 11 plus toddler. Last minute decision and they were able to accommodate us. Put tables together so we were all on one table. Food typical pub grub but was good and reasonably priced. Service good and no problem bringing in our own birthday cake at end of meal. I imagine in season it would be very busy as limited options in immediate are of Aberdovey so might need to book in advance.

Manager_Dovey_Inn, General Manager at Dovey Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Myself and the team are very happy you enjoyed your birthday celebration at the Dovey! We hope to welcome you back in the future if you visit the area again.

Thank you once again.