“Lovely food but ripped off when the bill came.”

Mumbai Majestic Indian Dining
Ranked #9 of 232 Restaurants in Hartlepool
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We prebooked for mother’s day, preseleting our choices from the £10.95 special menu. We provided our selections in writing clearly stating that we were expecting to pay £10.95 per person plus popadoms. My phone number was provided for any queries. We didn’t get our promised mother’s day drinks and were charged £44 in unexpected supplements because some had requested a flavoured rice Etc. BTW one person had 6 king prawns for which they paid £16.95 with no accompaniments. When the credit card bill arrived, we had been charged an additional £25 on top of the £201 bill. I have been to query all this with the manager tonight. He has charged me another £25 then apparently refunded £50? And said he didn’t care that we felt shafted about the supplements because he has plenty of customers.

3  Thank Lucy S

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Came here during a solo works trip when staying at the grand. Food was really good (I had a special mains which was comparable with food I’ve had in india) and I was quite relaxed reading my book

However, when it came to the bill I was presented with a non descript ‘solo meal for one’ and unless they were charging 3.50 per half of cobra (unlikely considering the large wines were that) then I had been overcharged (not much - a couple of quid)

As I’d enjoyed my meal and it was only a couple of quid I let it go and considered it a tip - just be aware. Would have been 5/5 rating otherwise

Oh and I would still go there again

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Ate here 20/3/18 as me and a work colleague were staying in Grand hotel to which this restaurant is within on lower floor. Restaurant quiet so ordered food quite quickly. starter was good i had the bangalore jinga and my colleague had the paneer tikka and both starters went down well. However my main the Mumbai special mix dish which stated with" your choice of rice" i was told the rice with this was pilau? what choice! When it came although the portion size was good it lacked in any sauce that my rice would soak up never mind the naans. Asked for a curry sauce ( normally served with biryani ) which they speedily served up which helped me finish my meal. overall good meal but nothing to write home about.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We were recommended this restaurant by locals who use it. We were not disappointed, the food was plentiful and tasty, and catered for gluten free intolerances. The service was excellent and attentive. The wines were of a good quality as well. The overall cost was reasonable and not over priced.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

This was recommended by a local friend as being the best Indian in Hartlepool. Sorry Pete, you sold it short, it’s the best in the North-East.
Friendly, efficient and authentic. The food is tremendous, good value and well-presented. I’ve been working here for 10 weeks and been in 3 times, they remembered what I ordered previously and made suggestions as to what we should have, and even included free sample dishes.
Fahim, the general manager really knows how to look after his clientele and has quite obviously trained his staff to be as efficient as he is.

With a bit of luck I’ll get posted to Hartlepool again sometime

1  Thank Adam S