“Lovely Shop”

Briggs Shoes
Ranked #1 of 8 Shopping in Morecambe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Briggs, established in 1863 is Morecambe largest clothing and footwear store and still run by the same family. The shop, opposite the Midland Hotel on the Promenade features 5,000 square feet of classic fashions by Roman Originals, Classic, Tigiwear, Regatta, Caribou and a brand new Vintage Ladies wear department. Shoe brands include Skechers, Padders, Fitflop, Earth Spirit, Josef Seibel, Ara, HB and the largest selection of Rieker in the North West. There are also wide ranges of Leather and fashion Bags, Jewellery, Cards and Gifts.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Visited while in morecombe.my wife was so pleased with the staff and the cloths and shoes.We ended up buying her outfit for an upcoming wedding we are going to .it was a 60,s dress,shoes to match and handbag.the quality was excellent and the price was fantastic.if you are anywhere near I would recommend a visit

Tom P, Owner at Briggs Shoes, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hello Geoffrey

Thank you for visiting our store and your kind review. We do try and offer ranges that are a little bit different and I'm pleased your wife found something special from our Vintage inspired range.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards

"outfit"
"buying"
"fashionable"

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I needed a pair of walking sandals as mine were well worn. They didn’t have the style I wanted (discontinued) but the staff showed me plenty of alternatives and I managed to choose a pair. They have a loyalty card that gives you 5% off any purchase in the shop, they also have a very good clothing range, and the cherry on the cake is that they are dog friendly and are quite happy to welcome your pooch!!

Reviewed 27 May 2018

I bought shoes today having tried at least 10 pairs as I struggle to get shoes that fit well. Lovely friendly helpful staff. Whilst trying on shoes I was saddened to hear two customers being aggressive toward a member of staff as they wanted to return non faulty shoes which he declined to reimburse them for. Although I understand they were unhappy their behaviour was awful. The member of staff who dealt with them was professional, calm,clear and courteous. I am writing this review having heard them tell him they would post one about the terrible service they received today. Sorry to say the only poor behaviour, verbally aggressive and bordering on bullying, I saw today was from customers who didn't want to hear "sorry but no".

Tom P, Owner at Briggs Shoes, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Hello and thank you for your kind review and for supporting our family business. I'm pleased you were able to find some shoes that suited you.

I also thank you for your account of the incident which happened while you were in the store. A customer had purchased shoes, worn them and decided they didn't fit. We were unable to offer a refund as the shoes had been worn. Our employee was a little upset by the experience and it's so useful to have an independent 3rd party account.

I hope we can be of service to you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We went to Briggs in Morecambe today (Wife's favourite shop) bought a couple of items.Gill is disabled and wanted some shoes,we had alot of assistance from Luke who was so very very good at assisting Gill to pick the correct shoes ,Its the first time I've put a review on TripAdvisor for a shop but such excellent service deserves a mention

Tom P, Owner at Briggs Shoes, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hello. This is Tom, one of the Directors here at Briggs.

Thank you for visiting and reviewing our store and for your kind comments about Luke. At just 19 he has superb product knowledge and is passionate about customer service. I'm pleased your wife found something suitable and hope that you will be able to visit us again soon.

With kind regards