“A decent meal at a fair price”
Review of Saffron Restaurant

Saffron Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 127 Restaurants in Morecambe
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My samosas were not totally hot, but the salad garnish was fresh. My curry was very good but slightly on the small side,unfortunately. The rice was nothing special, but perfectly acceptable.
The staff seemed a little distant initially, but by the end of the meal we were chatting like old friends.
I will go again.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I went here tonight for the first time with some work colleagues. Food as fantastic and staff were so friendly and helpful. Would recommend to anyone. Remember you need to take your own drinks.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited the Saffron restaurant this week whilst on a short visit to Morecambe. We first discovered this restaurant back in 2011 when we had a thoroughly enjoyable meal, so it was always on our shortlist for future visits.

We were greeted in a very warm and friendly manner and after being seated, we decided to choose the early bird offer - any starter, any main course and rice or nan for £12 or thereabouts (I can’t remember the exact price). The chicken pakora starter consisted of three pieces of “rubbery” chicken. I say rubbery because they were definitely over cooked and we even considered that they may have been reheated or prepared much earlier in the evening. Our main courses were chicken dishes and again had the same rubbery texture. More worryingly this time was the rice. Huge lumps of congealed rice was present in the serving dish (see photo). At best it had been over cooked.

All in all, the food was not restaurant quality and I know that we won’t go back.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We are regulars here. The chef and service is so good. You can bring your own alcohol, which makes it very relaxed. Favourite Indian food in town!

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Here again great place to eat , full oftaste along with great service . If you live local visit if not you will lose it. I’m not a local but visit every couple of months. Take time out and visit early bird bargain