“Family meal ”

The Pottery in Pontypridd
Ranked #70 of 107 Restaurants in Pontypridd
Price range: US$4 - US$35
Cuisines: British
Description: We know good pub food brings people together. At Sizzling, we're all about serving tasty dishes, freshly grilled at prices you'll love. From our 21 day aged prime steaks topped with one of our incredible steak toppers to our deliciously crispy taco salads or build your own kids meals - there's something for all the family.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had a family meal with 23 adults also 5 young children / babies / took most of bottom room with tables set out the waiter service from PAULA not got surname was spectacular food service was A1 she worked hard delivering all meals and made us at home worth her weight in gold only complaint is on my half I DID NOT TIP HER!!!!!!! Massive apologies Paula double up next time

General Manager A, Manager at The Pottery in Pontypridd, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I am so glad to hear of this review! We love to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and you experienced Paula's exceptional service! Reviews like this keep us motivated to continue delivering the service we strive to provide. I have passed on your kind words to Paula. We hope to see you again very soon!
Thank you!
Lauren

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely brilliant service from Paula. We went as a party of 21 and everyone of us had nothing to complain about amazing food.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. Thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team and have informed Paula of your kind message! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had a lovely steak meal had to wait a little while as it was very busy but i can highly recomend the food and was very good value for the money

Debbie A, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! It's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated! We hope to see you again in the near future.

Many thanks,
Lauren

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have eaten here a couple of times recently, unfortunately we won’t be eating here again, we had a couple of steaks , a bottle of wine and a few more drinks on a bar tab , at the end of the night I settled the bill and we left to catch the bus outside , on checking my bill at the bus stop I found I had been charged for a second bottle of wine which I had not had, I quickly went back in the Pottery to get a refund, the long winded process meant I missed my bus home for which I had a return ticket, next was an hour later, I asked if they would pay for a taxi to my home which I think would have been around £5 at most , I was told no way, basically, they gave me the bottle of wine I had paid for because the refund process was to complicated because I had discount of my bill . So because they were incompetent and miss charged me I had a bottle of wine I didn’t want and an hour wait for a bus, great customer service well done the Pottery and all who sail in her . Never again. And the Prawns are never on

General Manager A, Manager at The Pottery in Pontypridd, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Richard&allyson, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit. Apologies for the mistake on the night with your bill. All I would advise is that you check your bill in future before settling up as mistakes can happen. My team is really growing now and I don't believe them to be incompetent. You received a full refund from my duty manager, which in honesty I would not have authorised. We do hope you'll give us another chance in the future as we really as starting to build something great here at the Pottery again.

Kind regards

Chris, GM

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I came a few months ago & was disappointed. After new management have had time to get stuck in I decided to try The Pottery again. It has definitely improved, food was lovely. Fast service. Staff were all very friendly. Will definitely be back soon! Well done to Chris & the team.

General Manager A, Manager at The Pottery in Pontypridd, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Sarahsheppard, we're glad you had such a wonderful experience with us! Thank you again for the great review!