“Watford... we have have a problem...”
Review of The Crossed Peels

The Crossed Peels
Ranked #99 of 245 Restaurants in Stirling
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

being consistently awful is not a problem if you storm off in a huff 'AFTER' you parted with your hard earned... however if you can not find a single table in the ENTIRE pub that is not covered in spilt food or uncleared glasses, you have a pub that is seeing pound notes walking out the door.... as I did! .. I can forgive a lot in a busy(ish) pub, but not spilt food all over the place no frigging way !!!!!

1  Thank doug m

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely visit to The Crossed Peels in Stirling near the Castle. As with all Wetherspoon pubs there is an extensive range of food and drink. Nice setting with their roof/1st floor outside terrace. Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Went here today with my wife for a quick bite and was not impressed. First impressions count and oh dear ours was not good. Various tables not cleared. Zero atmosphere. Very unapproachable depressed looking staff. Not a great start.

Eventually found a clean (ish) table. Looked at the menu and then made my way to the bar to place my order. As with any pub there was a very large bar area and 2 staff serving. I proceeded to stand at the bar waiting to be served as you would at any other bar. After a few minutes of others being served that were not at the bar a very rude member of staff asked what I wanted. I replied I wanted to make an order. I was very bluntly told that there was a queue. As I turned around I saw a queue of approximately 8 people lined up the middle of the premises. Leaving the bar area clear.....

I did say to the staff member that for a bar this is a rather strange way to facilitate ordering. Normally you go to the bar and they serve customer in turn. I was then told thats not what we do here and she walked off.

Never in my years of going to bar/restaurants have I experienced service like that! To queue in that way is a farce! What happens when the queue gets bigger, does it go to the back wall and then snake down the stairs? Ridiculous!

Never got to try the food because we left. (Although on our last visit foid was terrible, so we were meant to be giving the place a chance to redeem itself.) Will not be back either.

Do yourself a favour. Walk 3 minutes further and enjoy a fantastic lunch in City Walls. Thats what we did.

2  Thank StinkyPete156
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We ended up at The Crossed Peel one Saturday evening while we were visiting Stirling. The botttom floor is a bar (pub), but the upstairs is designed for family dining. It took us a while to figure out that you either had to download the app to order or go to the bar and submit your order. The staff was very helpful and pleasant and the food was decent. Overall, a pleasant evening.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

They open early for breakfast, 8am, which was convenient for us. But they were very understaffed, everything just seemed a bit disorganized, which led to relatively poor service that wasn't necessarily the server's fault. The food was also served cold. Price was reasonable at least, and it was a nice venue. The restaurant has a very large space, so I could see it being a much better place for dinner. And the location is good. Right on the main streets of Stirling downtown in the old area by the Castle where both tourists and locals seem to like to go.