Reviews (1 796)
1 796 results
All reviews ihg member executive room the bus an early flight close to the airport harlington corner bath road short stay an overnight stay free buses reception staff bar and restaurant night's sleep one night stay between flights london heathrow following morning
52 - 57 of 1 796 reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2018

I have stayed (or had to stay) a night while flying through Heathrow and have used Crown Plaza, the Marriott and the Park Inn. This was the most complete stay (though not quite 5*) of them all over these years. Of course it is not the top of the range, but really for a night, it is good enough.

Location: It is on Bath Road and not far from T2/T3. Easiest ways to get here - the free 285/423 buses drop you right outside. T5 is a little more of a hassle, best to Uber or taxi it as it is quick. There is a Hotel Hoppa service Hxx buses, but we did not try them.

Check in was a little delayed while they checked the booking made through booking.com (they gave a better price AND included breakfast, while ihg official site did not). I was not greeted as an IHG premium member and had to ask for amenity/welcome points. I did get the points afterwards, I checked.

Room itself is small (normal for London) and had everything ok in terms of room and bathroom. Sleep was good as the mattress was better than average. It was fairly quiet too inspite of it being an airport/24 hours hotel. The breakfast was better than average. The reception staff the next day was helpful and even printed something for us and called a cab. The night staff the previous night when we came in were not responsive on phones coming in while we were checking in and did not pick up any of our calls after we went to our rooms to enquire a couple of things. That was a little let down.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Angel C, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Globetrottheworld,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your in depth review which is greatly appreciated.

I would love the oprrtunity to talk with you personally & would appreciate if you could contact me directly. I am the .Operations Manager, Callum Duncan & can be contacted via email - callum.duncan@hiariel.co.uk.

Thank you & look forward to hearing from you.

Callum Duncan

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Have stayed there on many occasions, the staff are friendly and efficient but the room and are now a bit dated.

the rooms at the back/inside of the hotel are small, but you do not hear any noise from the road or planes landing or taking off.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Francis R,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Angel Chen
Guest Relations

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We stayed here for one night prior to a trip to New York because they offered reasonable priced parking for the week and was conveniently placed for the airport.
The hotel itself initially looked a little dated but the rooms themselves were clean and comfy enough. The bar and restaurant areas were bright and modern looking and had plenty of comfortable seats for our group.
The staff were very friendly and helpful although there information about the free shuttle buss back from the airport was woefully inadequate and out of date. It took far too long for us to find the right place to be.
The meal we had in the evening was definitely the worst part of our stay. I had fish and chips which comprised of overcooked fish, a few frozen chips and mushy peas that was actually just pea soup. Shocking. My wife had the rotisserie chicken and wished she hadn't. It had clearly been reheated by deep frying which made it terribly greasy. Not nice at all.
I think if I stay at this hotel again, which I might for it's sheer usefulness, I'll definitely be eating down the road at ANY of the the fast food restaurants. It'd be preferable (and a darned sight cheaper) that eating the sub standard food here.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Graham B
Angel C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Deara Graham B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at our hotel.

I am glad that you felt our staff were very friendly and helpful. I am sincerely sorry about the poor food experience you had in our outlet, also inadequate information about the shuttle bus. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

I have passed on your comments to the head chef and front office manager to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and we look forward to hopefully welcome you back here again to show you that your unsatisfactory experience was an exception.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

It’s a decent Holiday Inn. Even though it is next to busy streets it is pretty quiet in the room.
Tip: take the double decker red bus for free. ( there are 3 line that go to Stop J from LHR for free) Forget the hotel shuttle that costs about £5.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank msh2010

Dear msh2010,

Thank you for your review about our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Angel Chen
Guest Relations

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

If I stay in a hotel and see pubic hair on the bathroom floor and stuck on the bath room door I'm totally disgusted and won't stay there again! The bath room sink was draining extremely slowly too, like there was a blockage - not nice at all. The tv only has 5 channels, No freeview! The double bedroom was extremely tiny, I actually felt claustrophobic. The bed was not comfortable and was small. Also the room is too hot and air con isn't that powerful and is loud. Kettle took forever to boil, did not use hair dryer or iron. Only had drinks in the lobby which was absolutely fine. Nice bar tender, very polite. I would only go back here for drinks, nothing else.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Angel C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear C1NDA,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn LONDON - HEATHROW ARIEL.

I would like to sincerely apologize for your overall stay. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.Your comments has been brought to the attention of management.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards