““No children!””

Ranked #5 of 112 Restaurants in Hayes
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Tried to book a table for five for the night before we fly from Heathrow. They won’t allow my 16 year old to eat there, since when we’re restaurateurs allowed to ban children?!
Furthermore, I asked about eating in the pub, he’s not allowed in there either
I thought the law was a child of 16 could even have an alcoholic drink with a meal if adults were accompanying them?
Very disappointing, families not allowed. Nothing on their website either.

3  Thank Tracey P
Write a ReviewReviews (1 738)

100 - 104 of 1 739 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Drinks were really dear ans limited menu and very exspensive as well. Bit dark and dingy not very invitibg inside few seats outside but definately a local peoples pub

1  Thank humper1234
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I have always loved this place, and my last review shows that! The food is spectacular and the drinks fab, the staff super friendly!
I do however feel like they’ve alienated some customers by having this new no kids after 6pm rule! We used to come a few times a year as part of a big group of more than 10. However this time we had to get a baby sitter and it’s just not ideal as we stay at the hotel down the road, so we will probably now have to change our tradition and move to somewhere that will allow kids which is such a huge shame!! :(

2  Thank rebecca_wrenlea
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

There was a bit of confusion on how the Carvery dinner worked and was not explained to our party of 6. There was no Chef at the buffet and so we picked up the small plates that would hardly hold any food. The Chef had to be asked 3 times to come out to the carving station to serve us and by the time he did our other food on our plate was cold.

1  Thank Scenic619542
Reviewed 23 June 2018

What it says: Children not welcome. Apparently they make more money this way (that's what they told me!)

3  Thank Matthew D