“Food pub drinks”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The George Hotel, Southport
Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

Popped in for food with friends orderd various drinks at bar all happy friendly staff and then to food salt pepper scampi took my eye as i like spicy food and was hopeing it would be like you get in a Chinese with peppers onions chilli and boy was it absolutely spot on same as all the other food we orderd

2  Thank sandmanLeeds

Reviewed 13 May 2015 via mobile

Popped into The George for tea tonight as had been in the past and remembered how good the food was and very good value. Biggest mistake! Ordered 2 cokes from the bar both which had a very strange taste. When we said to the bartender he said he would replace the drinks. That never happened. I ordered 'salt and pepper' scampi and my partner gammon and egg. When the scampi arrived it was covered in chilli flakes, greasy peppers and onions. The scampi was also really greasy and full of water. It was disgusting! The worst meal and drinks I have ever tasted. No wonder the pub was empty. When we were leaving after paying £17 for terrible food and drinks I let the staff know. The lad in question wasn't remotely interested and didn't seem surprised that scampi was served covered in chilli flakes. I did mention that it wasn't described like this on the menu but he just shrugged. We will not be going back.

2  Thank Kath B
Reviewed 13 April 2015

Went for lunch with 8 friends fro work. We all had sandwiches and fries . We notced that someone had to quickly run out to local shop for bread ! The steak was tough and inedible, one persons food was cold, the salad was not fresh and when asked about coleslaw which should have been included - was told we haven't got any . Will not be returning .

Reviewed 22 February 2015

reading the reviews left here really put me off going but the weather was so bad on 22/2/15 and I had promised my daughter a treat for end of term, so I decided to give it a try.
Im so glad I did. the food was lovley we had roast lamb and 2 for £10 was a great deal, the service was good and there really isn't anything I can complain about definitely go there on regular basis.

5  Thank NIBBLERdj