All reviews lord street spent a lovely weekend breakfast room is residents lounge full english breakfast small bathroom great hosts b and b ideal location nothing too much trouble lovely couple fabulous hotel stay there again both mornings nice breakfast flower show minute walk
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Great hosts and a very warm welcome from Michelle.They were really helpful.Breakfast served in a pleasant room,and it was cooked really well.Very tasty and a very good choice.Decor modern an d spotless everywhere.Rooms are bright and modern.

Room Tip: Room 1 was small but o.k for a night.Others were good sizes.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patsyt187048
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Had such a lovely time at the Heidi. Michelle went above and beyond for us! We caused her so much trouble (accidentally!) and she never complained at all.

First off we arrived an hour late because of the rail strike but she made us feel welcome right away and gave us recommendations on where to go and what to see. We were in room 1, first floor at the back; the room was small but really lovely, decorated so nicely with an en suite toilet. There wasn't much of a view but you could hear the seagulls and it was peaceful and quiet, if a bit hot thanks to the heatwave!

First night we were there we made the grave mistake of leaving the window open and light on as we went out for dinner, and when we returned a couple of hours later the room was filled with flies that had been attracted to the light! Although it was past 10pm by then Michelle kindly helped us spray the room and hoovered it all up without a single complaint! Apparently it was the first time such a thing had happened. We felt so bad!

For breakfast we opted for full Englishes but there was also cereal, fruit and yoghurt available as well as tea, coffee, and apple or orange juice. She and Al (the cook and hubby) was also happy to cater to any requests. Michelle was always very friendly and asked everyone how their days had gone and shared her own stories.

There was also a lounge with an Xbox 360! Although we didn't end up using it, it seemed like a great idea for bored kids or indeed adults. Games mostly included Fifa and golf but there were a few alternatives like Minecraft Story Mode.

Michelle and Al have been owners of the Heidi for only two years and there are books for you to see how the guest house looked before they renovated it and I must say they did a wonderful job, made it so modern and fresh.

Only gripes are minor: one, that the tiny bottle of shower gel and shampoo was not enough for the two of us for two nights, although I'm sure if we had asked Michelle would have provided us with more, we simply decided it wasn't important enough to bother. Secondly, the wifi was pretty terrible; our iPads could not connect to it at all and our phones kept dropping the signal. We had nothing urgent to attend to so it wasn't a big deal but if you were the sort of person who needed a reliable connection due to work then you should make sure you have enough data on your phone.

All in all cannot recommend the Heidi enough.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julian R
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Lovely stay at The Heidi. Beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. Great welcome and Michelle could not have done more to assist us, even gluing the trim on the heel of my Mother's shoe. Excellent breakfast too!

Room Tip: Two flights of steep stairs for upper floor rooms. Room descriptions on the website make it clear which rooms are on which floor.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Smithfamily27
Michelle M, Owner at The Heidi Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Hi

It was my pleasure and look forward to welcoming you back in the future if you are ever back this way x x

Michelle & Al x

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I'm not a typical B&B guest, and it's been a while since I stayed at one. We chose The Heidi after another accommodation had fallen through. We traveled to the area for a work convention and I wanted to bring my family. Southport seemed like a great destination (it is!) and the great recommendations for The Heidi made it an easy choice (particularly since a recommended hotel was already fully booked.)

The owners, Michelle and Alastair, welcomed us and at two of my stars are directly related to their way of doing business. The accommodations as such are as you might expect from a B&B: simple and adequate. There's a comfortable (but a tad small) bed (approx US double) and our triple room came with ample closet space, a small table and a dresser. We also had an in-room bathroom. The showers in England are always a bit tricky, as the public infrastructure provides less than ample water pressure, so most people install separate infrastructure to compensate for that and also heat the water, but yeah, the water pressure is still a thing.

The Heidi is conveniently located, mere steps from the famous pier, the Promenade, King's Park and all the entertainment that Southport has to offer, from great eats to amusement park etc. All within easy walking distance. You can leave your car in their free and safe parking.

The Heidi is tastefully decorated, there is a common living room with toys for kids (a very nice touch), an Xbox for the older ones and a large TV (just in case the one in your room isn't sufficient.) The breakfast room is one of the really nice features, not just because of the beautifully assorted breakfast bar as they call it, but also because of their cooked full English breakfast. I'm not usually one to eat a cooked breakfast, but if you visit The Heidi, let them cook for you. You won't regret it! The black pudding was among the best (if not THE best) I've ever eaten.

But let me return to the hosts because they are really the main feature of this property: friendly, welcoming and they really care about their guests, and it shows. They will help you with whatever you may need, from access to a local gym/spa/swimming pool (included in your rate) to tickets, tips and hints on what to do etc. We had little free time and couldn't take advantage of their help as much as we could have, but their engagement and commitment to their guests really shone through.

When we had to leave early on our final day, Michelle waved at us through the window, mouthing her offer of another quick brekkie to us. I had to decline as we had to rush to pick up a friend and get to the airport, but my entire being screamed inside, wanting to turn around and take her up on her offer.

My family and I had a great time at The Heidi, and if we ever return to the area, they're a given place to stay at.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Hans H
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

2nd time here for myself and partner, honestly can’t ask for anything more for a place to stay best hosts you will ever meet. Attentive, great breakfast, great recommendations on where to eat! And the cake they made was AWESOME!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple