“Disappointing experience”
Review of Bistrot Pierre

Bistrot Pierre
Ranked #53 of 387 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: US$13 - US$29
Description: Bistrot Pierre's 'raison d'être' is great value French cooking and seasonal menus. We like to combine French bistrot classics such as steak-frites, boeuf bourguignon and crème brûlée with our own take on regional favourites like confit de canard. Opening daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, we have something on the menu for everyone including a children's menu and gluten free dishes.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We visited for a birthday lunch with our friends. We had to remind them we hadn't seen anyone to take our order, when somebody finally took the order we waited almost an hour for the starters to arrive! You could see these had not been prepared to a professional standard. The main courses were a long time coming as well, whilst these were edible not a hind of a French experience. It was such a shame the venue is very appealing nice decor the food didn't meet our expectations. Whilst it was edible it was a chain outlet we would not be returning.

Southport B, General Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to us here at Bistrot Pierre Southport, I will certainly take on board your comments which have prevented us from achieving 5 stars and ensure these are addressed with the team, with our chefs in particular to ensure all menu items are served in the correct time and as they should be. There is absolutely no excuse for waiting nearly an hour for starters.

I do hope this has not deterred you from returning, please feel free to contact me at southport@pierre94.co.uk to discuss your visit as I would love to get you booked in again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Arrived at the restaurant for our midday booking for 7 ladies out for lunch. We were welcomed by a member of staff and seated at our table near the door. The table was large and round and even though we seemed to be the first group to arrive at the restaurant, our table was covered in crumbs which we presumed was from the previous night. We ordered our food and cannot complain at the quality or the flavour of our main courses. For friend Fiona, this was her third visit to the restaurant. She wanted creme brule for desert and was informed they were not set so she couldn't have one. The same happened on her previous visits so she has never tasted the creme brule at this restaurant. Three of us ordered ice cream and what a disappointment! We were told it came with wafers and two scoops of whichever flavour you chose. When the ice creams arrived, no wafers with them and the two scoops looked as though they had been scooped with a teaspoon. They were very poor value for money and we commented to our server. He then provided us with the missing wafers but this did not make up for the tiny portion of ice cream. We mentioned this again and finally, the management removed two of the three ice creams from our bill. Overall, a nice atmosphere, nice food and just a couple of quibbles prevented a five star rating for this restaurant.

1  Thank valerieboo
Southport B, Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good Afternoon valerieboo,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to us here at Bistrot Pierre Southport, I will certainly take on board your comments which have prevented us from achieving 5 stars and ensure these are addressed with the team, with our chefs in particular to ensure all menu items are available and served as they should be as there is absolutely no excuse for the substandard serve of ice cream.

I do hope this has not deterred you from returning, please feel free to contact me at southport@pierre94.co.uk to discuss your visit as I would love to get you booked in again and make sure Fiona can finally try one of our delicious Creme Brulees!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

had a lovely dinner here while on holiday, with the partner. Friendly staff, couldn't do enough for us. Nice atmosphere but not exactly very French, in decor and the menu which was a bit of a let down but the food was very nice, steaks were wonderful

Hi ceres42,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit here to us at Bistrot Pierre Southport. I am so pleased that you were delighted with our team and with your food.

I will most certainly pass on your feedback to our menu development team with regards to not being very French. We aim to offer a balance of Anglo-French classic bistrot dishes in order to suit a range of tastes so I am very sorry you felt this was not a true reflection of France.

We hope to see you again when you next visit sunny Southport!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Being a lover of all things France, I was looking forward to a visit to Pierre. The reception was great but the food lacked a little .I had the Asperges , not cooked to my liking and the Medallions de porc, was only o.k.. Whether I choose the wrong items , I do not know, but I will try the restaurant again as I love French food and I hope that next time I will choose something to my liking.The wine of o.k. but a little expensive.

Hi Derrick S,

I was sorry to read of your disappointment with our menu and felt this was not a representation of French food. I do hope you return and try some of our other dishes as our menus are carefully designed by our food development team to reflect Anglo-French bistrot classics. If something is not to your liking please feel free to share your feedback with your server as we aim to please and would be more than happy to rectify this for you.

I understand you found the wine to be a little pricey, I would highly recommend booking in for our Dine with Wine evenings, each course comes with a carefully paired wine and is built into the cost of the meal, we have had some great feedback from these nights as being great value for money.

We look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely love this place. Amazing food. Good service. Lovely atmosphere and decor. Had the 2 courses deal and great price for delicious food.

1  Thank JulesH1983

Hi JulesH1983,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your visit to us here at Bistrot Pierre Southport. I am so pleased you were delighted with your visit.

I have passed your comments on to the team :)

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,