“Beautiful food...”

Hickory's Smokehouse
Ranked #1 487 of 3 752 Restaurants in Merseyside
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful food hidden in a quiet wing of Southport! Beautiful presentation of the restaurant and the food. Service excellent and always with an smile.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Fabulous food in a lovely restored building . Very accommodating for families with the free popcorn and cinema room .
However it was SO cold . We even moved to the bar area and it was the same .

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Came here for a valentines day meal and was so speechless everything I tasted was full of flavour! The atmosphere and staff is so beautiful will definitely be returning! This restraunt has all the little finishing touches that many places forget about!

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Lovely restaurant a little off the beaten track and to be fair only a local would know where it was - having been a local pub for many years.

Food was lovely - couldn’t fault it. Very very tasty burger. Crunchy tasty chips. Well Cooked steak. Staff are all new but are keen to impress and offer a good dining experience.

Pretty good atmosphere too but cold, very cold. You could feel the cold as you sat eating which was a shame. Wrap up warmer next time or Head there in the summer and I don’t think you can do far wrong - keep it up and give some of the family restaurants in the area a real run for their money!

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

We go to Chester regularly and always eat at Hickories and will continue to do so, it’s a great restaurant. Unfortunately I was disappointed with Southport. Upon arrival we were told our table wasn’t ready which is fine, so we went to the bar for a drink. I struggled to get near the bar as people were sat and stood at the bar drinking. Upon finding a place to squeeze in I waited about 12-15 minutes to be served. No eye contact from the bar staff, I had to ask to be served.
Once seated the service was good until we (there was 4 of us) ordered another round of drinks. We waited around 20 minutes during which time I had to remind them 3 or 4 times. I hope these issues are just teething problems as the restaurant has only been open a few weeks.
My food was delicious but two of our table were disappointed. This Hickories has a more corporate “chain” feel to it. However it was busy and I am sure it will do well and I wish them every success.