All reviews coach house linen room orangery restaurant china room golf club wonderful wedding double shower roll top bath luxurious bathroom wedding weekend main building homemade biscuits for sunday lunch overnight stay lovely room following morning walk in shower
Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

What a find!!! We visited here for Easter Sunday lunch this year, it was recommended by a friend and certainly did not not disappoint. We didn't even know this place existed and we have been visiting west wales for over 20 years! We have been back every time time and dying to try the evening menu! The food, atmosphere and staff are outstanding and he setting is beautiful. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank lowribethan25
Reviewed 8 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed with my husband over night in the linen room , when we arrived the first I noticed was a damp type of smell around reception . But once our room was clean we went to pop our suitcases upstairs , the room is very small but was clean which is always a good thing . We then went to Anna's zoo and spent a great day there , we got back to the hotel had a shower and went down for dinner . The conservatory is nice but alot of flies everywhere which is slightly off putting while eating . We were handed 2 menus , one was dirty on the front . Our orders were taken , my husbands Mussels were lovely & a generous portion . I had soup which was nice nothing special . For main I had slow roasted lamb in red wine & olives , with polenta , nice but lamb was very dry and over cooked and couldn't really taste that the lamb had been cooked in red wine . My husband had beef encroute , seemed OK he ate it anyhow . The restaurant staff friendly enough but casual approach . Being full after dinner we took our Champagne up to our room , it was then we both noticed how ridiculously uncomfortable the bed was . The mattress SPRUNG , so soft and everytime you moved the springs popped . Getting comfortable was impossible , and each time one of us moved the other would roll to the Centre of the bed , We ended up awake most the nite . We would return again , but couldn't if all rooms have the same poor standard mattresses . We were offered by the receptionist a upgrade upon next booking . That's all fine if u intend to return !!! Lastly some of the communal areas need attention .

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2015

This golf club hotel is a good 10mins in car from Tenby centre so not good if you want to walk. Taxis were £5 each way and easy to get. Hotel is clean, has nice décor, big bright restaurant where breakfast was served. we did have the smallest room but it was fine and toiletries/shower all high quality.

Room Tip: We had the Linen room and it was small but price reflected that.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2015

My boyfriend and I booked into the Trefloyne for a quick break in Tenby and were looking forward to a relaxing night away, we were not disappointed!

When we arrived there was a slight mix up with our room, we were not allocated the room we had chosen due to it being double booked on the system, but the receptionist (sorry we didn’t catch your name), dealt with this quickly whilst we had a drink on the terrace in the sun. We were offered a choice of 1 of 2 beautiful double storey suites instead.

We stayed in Coach House #6. The décor was French antique with a splash of duck egg blue. The boutique feel of the rooms is refreshing in comparison to the many standard chain hotels these days.

The Manor has wonderful views over the golf course, perfect to sit, watch and relax whilst having a drink on the terrace.

We ate in the Terrace restaurant in the evening, a lovely airy space, with spectacular views right the way down to Tenby. We were a little disappointed with our meal, we had the double cut rib eye to share, which was a bit dry and almost roasted, but maybe we were being picky as had such high expectations with the standard of the rest of the hotel (and the price of the menu!). However, the service was impeccable. Brekky the next morning was a lovely start to the day.

We couldn’t fault the service throughout our stay, and especially liked how personal it was being a small establishment. Hopefully we will be back soon and have already recommended it to friends who have booked in for the weekend in August.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 331kimberleyr
Reviewed 18 July 2015

I have just spent 5 nights here with my elderly mother. It is a very comfortable hotel which has been tastefully renovated. Our room (Coach House 1) was a good size with a huge bathroom and everything was clean and neat. The beds were comfortable and lighting was good. I was very disappointed with the WIFI in the room - it was extremely erratic, more off than on. How frustrating!
We had a nice walk-in shower in the room but there was no safety rail within it and nothing to hold on to for an elderly/ slightly infirm person. I assume that the room would be considered suitable for such a person due to its ground floor access but my mother was very nervous when using the shower.
The staff was pleasant and efficient and I would like, in particular, to mention Penny and Martine who were responsible for the housekeeping in our room. Not only did they keep the place spotless, they were also very friendly and eager to help in many little ways and succeeded in making us feel welcome.
Breakfast was good with plenty of choice. I particularly liked the fresh fruit which was varied a little from day to day.
This is a lovely hotel for a relaxing break.

Room Tip: Coach House 1 is at ground level and unloading/ loading of car is possible within about 3 metres of the door.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family