“O' myyyyyy.....”
Review of Joe's

Joe's
Ranked #7 of 20 Restaurants in Kingussie
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

It's rare I compliment somewhere with a 5 rating but this little bad boy deserves it...

Imagine a tired walk in the highlands and absolutely hank marvin... (starvin)

You spot a little chippy hidden on a corner opposite the coop

(ok your a yorkshirman do you take the gamble and dabble in the local or go for a curry..)

Stuff it, let's do it we decide.

I'm really glad I did, the order was taken straight away and I asked if they cooked in beef dripping or veg oil.. (heaven's prevail im weird they cook in veg oil)
I thought initially I was been given a small fish for the price I was paying and sat waiting while they cooked it, smiling while one of the staff was balancing on a chair to reach the top of the window cleaning it (without an assistant or a step ladder with side step structure support and 20 surrounding cones) (phew he survived)

The fish was 2 pieces and a perfect beautiful golden hue batter with a tantalising fish inside with a delectable delicious taste (I know even i'm impressed with my wording)

Chips cooked to perfection and mushy peas steeped and cooked properly (not that bachelors crap).

The taste was amazing.

Would definitely recommend eating here the food was fantastic, It's a little more expensive than other chippies, but when you eat it you realise why...

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Ate in today, ordered 3 fish suppers and a cone of chips. After waiting around an hour, all the while watching locals come in, get served and leave, we concluded that we were somewhat unwelcome tourists. When our food finally arrived the chips were very good, apart from the cone of chips, which was just a small handful of chips strewn into a disappointing plastic basket. The fish was very thickly battered in an undercooked greasy soggy batter, though I suspect it would have tasted lovely if cooked properly. The fish itself was ok, nothing of note.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Very nice, came in about 2030, cooked us freshly made scampi! Just fine , nice seating for a chip shop, and mostly cooked to order. Very reasonable priced.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Very good chippy,food was very good,place was clean and tidy,staff were friendly and as we ate in our suppers were delivered to our table. I would say it would seat 20 people altogether. I'm not a regular eater of fast food,because normally it's greasey,but as far as I could see it was grease free.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Delicious fish (both breaded and battered) moist, flakey, hot. good,big cuppa with it. Really nice and friendly staff, served with a smile at a big clean table. Reminded us of the 70's - in a basket, very sensible! I recommend to all.