All reviews porridge helpful hosts breakfast was delicious lovely property perfect hosts decorated to a very high standard an ideal location warm welcome a lovely place to stay perfect in every way smoked salmon home away from home full scottish breakfast excellent stay beautiful room little extras b and b
Reviewed 24 June 2018

What a mistake we made booking this B & B for one night - we would have liked to stay for a week - if only to sample all the different breakfast menu options!
This was superb accommodation - Louise couldn't do enough for us and the little extras provided were so thoughtful.
It was all so clean - being asked to remove your shoes at the door is a good sign that you are going into a spotlessly clean house which is always a relief.
Louise's breakfasts are different from the norm and so good - I'm still talking about them now! The surrounding garden was peaceful and quiet and very relaxing
We can't wait to go back when we're on our travel again next year.

Room tip: Just go - it's great!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I stayed here for one night whilst on a mini tour of this part of Scotland. The location is excellent - in walking distance of the town, yet far enough away to avoid noise. The house has a fairly large garden, where they keep several rabbits and an enclosure that has quite a few chickens of various types. They get the eggs that are used for breakfast from said chickens, so there is a definite guarantee that these are free range and fresh. The breakfast was marvellous!
The hosts (Richard and Louise) are both really friendly, helpful and personable and it is clear that they look after their animals beautifully.
They were great at recommending places to go for dinner and even made my reservation for me. It was possible to walk through some lovely woodland to get to the restaurant, or along the road if preferred (although I don't see why anybody would prefer that!)

The premises are kept spotlessly clean. My room was quite spacious, the shower had lots of hot water and the bed was very comfortable.
My only complaint is that the visit was too short! I hope to return at some point.

Thanks so much for a memorable visit!

Room tip: All rooms are comfortable and have views of the garden. The location is quiet in general as it's not in the centre of town.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely B&B. Everything is top quality from the decorating, the rooms, the food (all freshly made) and the grounds. Loiuse and Richard should write a book on hospitality. They are warm, friendly, helpful, and just a joy to meet. When staying in this area, you won't be disappointed if you book a room here I promise!

Reviewed 27 May 2018

Everything was perfect. The room was very confortable and clean, the house in a very beautiful location, the staff very kind and the breakfast very good. The village also is very beautiful. I highly recommend this house!

Date of stay: May 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 8 May 2018

This is by far the Best B@B Guest house in the whole of Scotland. We stayed here for our second visit to Bonfest in Kirriemuir, having stayed there on our first trip two years ago. It has very high standards and is run by an amazing genuine couple. Our room was fantastic and the food first class, worthy of a Michelin Star Restaurant. We would not stay anywhere else when attending Bonfest, roll on next year.

Date of stay: May 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LoobyLou0035, Owner at Glenshieling House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Dear Gregor,

What a fantastic review. Thank you so much for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. Wow...we are delighted you loved our breakfasts...although I don't think I can quite compete with Gordon Ramsay in the kitchen! We would love to see you both back here next year for Bonfest 2019!