All reviews national holidays isle of wight quiet lounge swimming pool double and single bed on arrival coach trip sea front dining room plenty of storage bit dated each evening co op coach party plenty of choice great holiday our waiter
Reviewed 14 August 2016

The staff are excellent. The food is very impressive with a good range of tasty meals. The entertainment is mixed. Some good and some average. The rooms are clean, but some have tired looking decor. Some showers are old and slow and some are fine. The location is brilliant. The hotel is just around the corner from the main street and the beach. A very good holiday.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back to avoid being disturbed by guests leaving early.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Keith4529
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

I don't mean to be rude because both reception staff members were very friendly. However, everything else was unacceptable.

The decor is reminiscent of an old people's home from the 60s/70s, however cleanliness in the room was very good. The TV reception in the room was non existent so we quickly gave up on that. The shower took ages to heat up and when in full flow the water pressure is like standing under a damaged hose pipe. This morning the shower completely broke altogether. We'd worked 12 hours and travelled some more so we were hoping for some relaxation which was clearly not met.

The biggest problem was the breakfast. As a Vegan in modern day society I understand that not everybody shares the same views as myself when it comes to food. However, I expect to at least be offered a soy milk alternative on a £6 breakfast. What do you do when people are lactose intolerant? There was no such thing and the waitress made no attempt to hide the fact that she didn't care. Therefore I couldn't have the cereal included in the price. Naturally, the cooked breakfast consisted of a lot that I couldn't eat and so I asked if I could replace the sausage/eggs/bacon with extra beans etc. My food came out and they hadn't given me any extras, simply taken away the things I couldn't have. So, I asked for more and the rude waitress again ambled off to begrudgingly get me an extra spoonful of baked beans. Essentially I paid £6 for a luke-warm cup of coffee, half a tomato, some baked beans and a hash brown on toast. At the very least I'd have liked an apology from our waitress for being unable to accommodate, but she really couldn't have cared less. My boyfriend is a meat eater and he had the full English and also said he didn't want to pay for it because the quality was so poor. Unfortunately, they take the money before you eat so we had to suck it up. To top it all off the crockery was dirty. Completely unacceptable, I'll eat out of next door's bins next time.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Jade N
Reviewed 14 August 2016

Never again!

Never will you be made to feel so rude when you ask if there is a vegan breakfast... £6 for a measly portion of beans with some dry toast...and a terrible attitude to go with it :( :( :( I know there are veggie friendly places on I.O.W...

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
6  Thank jademilky
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

If your looking for somewhere out of date, revolting food and an awful night sleep try this place. Not to mention the rude staff. Only 4 of us booked in for breakfast so only 4 glasses left out on the side. The image shows the full breakfast choice! And the cooked breakfast was cooked 2 days before we arrived. How very organised! Oh and the wifi doesn't reach your room.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
7  Thank magician_10
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

While I realise the trip was value for money ( travel, ferry and bed, breakfast and evening meal plus daily trips) the hotel has never been decorated or upgraded in a long time. If you are particular of your bedroom then this hotel is not for you. The staff are excellent and nothing is too much trouble.
The food is basic, edible and the hotel offer a choice for breakfast and evening menu but it is not gourmet food.
The pool is heated and like a bath in temperature do well worth a visit as is the steam room.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends