“A Great Walk”

Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Edgworth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Just so nice to get away and walk. We parked the car and were nearly alone on the walk that was not too demanding

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"woods"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Visited here with my husband and teenage son. It was a lovely day out with beautiful scenery. Recommended by a friend and would definitely visit again.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

This is a wonderful, peaceful place,especially early in the morning when it is not busy. We walk our borrowed dogs in the quiet of the early morning(after our own dear, faithful friends died) The only sounds are of birdsong, the occasional sheep on the hillside and , depending on the weather, the sound of water. If you are lucky you might hear a woodpecker, see the nesting herons in February, smell a fox, get a glimpse of a deer and definitely see the cormorant drying their wings in the sunshine!
The Entwistle reservoir is a magical place, whatever the weather but remember to leave nothing behind except you footprints!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Lovely area, peaceful in the heart of Lancashire yet only a short distance from Bolton.beautiful wooded walks and super meals available at Strawbury Duck, Entwistle

1  Thank candam
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 May 2018

What a beautiful place. I went for the first time today, it will not be the last time. Probably helped with it being glorious sunshine, so I dressed appropriately. , however if I go on a rail day it won’t be an issue, just again dress appropriatly as I guess some of the pathways will get a bit muddy. But honestly, walking around this place really doesn’t feel like you are in Bolton ! I really think this is my new favourite place to visit, so peaceful, beautiful scenery, I love it .

1  Thank Janet H