“some things do stay the same (thank goodness)”
Review of The Toby Inn

The Toby Inn
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Edgworth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a family run restaurant and pub. Beautifully located in the Broadhead Valley with panoramic views across the West Pennine Moors, we have been cooking here since 1987. We pride ourselves on the quality of our food which is made fresh everyday. Our dough is made by hand and baked daily for the freshest bread. Our meats and fish are sourced locally to ensure great flavour in their freshness.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My wife and I have been going to the Toby now for over 20 years and have never had a bad meal yet.Terry & Harry and there family are always very welcoming when we go and the food can only be described as exceptional in fact there fillet steaks are the best I have ever had anywhere and I have been in some top restaurants over my 70 years. \t\his family have been in the Bolton area for as long as I can remember in fact we used to go to aristotles (there father's restaurant ) which used to be on Deansgate in Bolton town centre and that was also top notch . So in this world of ever changing food fads and closing pubs and restaurants it is great to see one that keeps going with the same family ownership and the same top class food. Well done boys you are unique ! and deserve all your success . Keep going please !

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Had homemade hummus and flat bread to start, delicious beautiful bread definitely homemade! Had the rib eye for mains cooked perfectly! I must say I did not like the hand cut chips as I think they were frozen.... not crisp a bit soggy that aside though steak made the meal! Had a sundae for dessert delicious!! Worth the drive out along the wonky wonky road!

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

As usual excellent food.

Myself, my hubby, my baby girl and my parents went on Christmas Eve. The food is delicious and we always have a fantastic time when we go here.

The staff are so helpful and very knowledgeable, and if they don't know they'll admit it but find someone that does.

This is my favourite restaurant we go to. The only thing is I would like them to do cocktail again.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Visited here last night for valentines and had a really lovely meal. Had the homemade hoummus starter which is the best hoummus ever ever, loved it!! Had the chicken fungi dish for mains which was good too. And had tiramisu dessert which was also really good but could only manage half as I was too full! The service was good, the place has a good atmosphere and I will certainly be returning! My only criticism was the ice rink car park, it was a sleety cold evening and I nearly broke my neck walking across the car park...a bit of salt and a shovel wouldn’t have gone amiss :) All in all tho really enjoyable evening and great food :)

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Visited the Toby on Saturday with family. The food was delicious as always. We had 5 different meals and each was cooked to perfection. Lovely gin cocktails. Staff attentive and polite. Will be back soon.