“An excellent evening!”
Review of Papa Ganoush

Papa Ganoush
Ranked #30 of 163 Restaurants in Whitley Bay
Price range: US$16 - US$26
Description: Papa Ganoush has been designed to have an informal, friendly & family vibe; far from a 3 -course dining experience.It's an extension to the street food feel. We believe Papa Ganoush embodies unpretentious, vibrant food and genuine great customer service.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A very welcoming venue. Our group are all over 70 and we found the menu very tasty! I am coeliac and most dishes were gluten free. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Discovered this place a few years ago at the quayside market serving street food. Massive hummus and falafel lover so was in my element. Was excited to hear they were opening a restaurant in my boyfriends home town. Visited here on Saturday night with my partners family for his birthday. A little on the small side inside but was expected. The table we had booked was a little small for the five of us with the meze style food. We asked to move table if one came available which did and the waitress was happy for us to move. We got a wide selection of the meats between us with a few sides and every dish was incredible. Including the halloumi fries which are my favourite. Definitely will be back in the future. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So we all know papa ganoush from the street food. But this is even better because there’s loads more choice and it’s basically middle eastern tapas. Absolutely brilliant, I can’t be more positive if I tried. This is the latest edition to Whitley bay’s amazing new food scene. Loads of brilliant meat dishes but the Turmeric potatoes are the secret star.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked online. The place had nice atmosphere and decor. Waiters were lovely, still in training though I believe as they seemed a little confused what they were doing? I got a falafel dish, thoroughly enjoyable, quite simple but it tasted great. Was busy when I visited on a nighttime, popular place.

A quirky place and I would visit again.

One downside that couldn't be helped was the stairs situation, this place is not disability friendly as steep stairs both up to the sitting area and toilets made it difficult for my disabled mother to get around. No fault on the Papa Ganoush but its something to be aware of for anyone with a disability planning on visiting.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Four of us visited and chose dishes which did not include any meat and they were delicious..Our favourite was the Salmon kebabs and the Panko Halloumi with a dip that was so tasty. The staff were so friendly and helpful..We will be back .