“Horrible scruffy place. ”

The Golden Phoenix Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 41 Restaurants in Ramsey
Price range: US$11 - US$35
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The food is absolutely disgusting, not value for money. The best description I can quote, "another place tramps go to eat". I would not send my worst enemy here for food. Greasy horrible. The restaurant could do with a good steam clean especially the carpet, table clothes had rips in them. I will never eat at this establishment again.

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Not sure how to rate this place. It is a stereotype of a Chinese restaurant. Friendly staff, keen to push the drinks. Food the usual fare, even down to prawn toast and fried ‘sea weed’. Strong on sugar and salt, probably just what you need to feed a hangover. But little by way of imaginative dishes on the menu or regional variety. An experience a bit like putting on a pair of old slippers.. comfy but you wouldn’t necessarily want to be seen out in them.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Last minute decision to go here with family. Quick service. Lovely food. Would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We called in for a meal in the evening and chose from an extensive menu. I found the special chow mein a little greasy but my wife's dish was ok. Their was also a takeaway operating which seemed very popular possibly as this was the only Chinese that we saw.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I was reluctant to go to dinner here as I have found Chinese restaurants generally disappointing but I was very glad I did. I really enjoyed the food, the crispy shredded beef (spicy) was terrific, my husband had the Malaysian seafood, which was very nice and our friend had the orange duck. This place also has Pak Choi in garlic sauce which is lovely and fresh and tasty. The wine was also good and very reasonable, we shared a NZ Sauv Blanc.