“Excellent food”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Arrived here towards the end of service on Friday evening but had a very friendly welcome and got to sit by the fire. Good selection of local beers. Excellent pub menu with local food and big portions. I highly recommend the fishcakes. Desserts are traditional and fabulous. Went back for drinks on Sunday. Great place to visit after a ride on the horse tram or the electric railway

1  Thank Sam3314

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I never thought I’d be leaving a negative review for this place. However when myself and my family visited on this occasion, having booked a table in advance, we were very disappointed to be dumped in the pool room in the middle of a load of rowdy youngsters. Our table was literally in front of them all whilst they were drinking, yelling to each other, swearing and playing pool. I can assure you, this was not the entertainment we wanted. It was our first night staying on the island for our Easter break after many years of coming here. After previous positive experiences here, we had been looking forward to a lovely meal. Instead we were forced to hand back the menus and leave, to find somewhere else to dine. It baffles me why there are two tables just plonked in front of the pool table. So out of place. A suggestion; lose the pool table and introduce a few more tables for paying customers who want to order and enjoy the food. The place receives a lot of complimentary reviews and always seems busy, this would make more sense surely?! Then maybe customers wouldn’t have to face a similar experience as ours and have to take their custom elsewhere!

HeronBrearleyPubs, Marketing Administrator at The Terminus Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your feedback of the Terminus although I am sorry to learn of your disappointment.

At the Terminus, it is very rare for us to receive a complaint of this nature. The room you were seated in is generally very spacious with adequate room separating the pool table and the couple of dining tables. However, on the night you visited, the pub was very busy with office workers due to the start of the long bank holiday weekend.

Unfortunately, we had no other tables available to accommodate moving you as they were all full with other diners. As we do operate a first come, first served policy, we do recommend you book prior to visiting to ensure you are seated in your desired area of the pub.

I hope this experience hasn't put you off returning to the Terminus as we would like to welcome you back to enjoy some of our delicious food.

Kind regards
Lauren
Marketing Administrator

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Have been going to the IOM on and off for the past 38 years and never been in the Terminus, but now having been there and had an amazing meal (as Arnie says I WILL BE BACK) the atmosphere was great my chilli was amazing they even made a special meal up for my fussy granddaughter.
Thanks Keevah for the prod to try it

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

It’s British Pie Week,and as ever the Terminus Tavern is on top of the game.All the specials are a variety of pies,all first class.The Chicken and Leek is especially,generous chunks of chicken,leeks in a rich gravy.Choice chips and veg.Truly a winter warmer,also a full menu to choose from.Another winner from this great pub

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Eat here quite regularly and can’t fault the food. Tasty and great portions.
Goes without saying how good the place is because it’s hard to get a table.