All reviews lower hyde isle of wight sun holiday entertainment staff sister site entertainment complex children's entertainment swimming pool on arrival evening entertainment great holiday central heating family holiday main bedroom lovely site washing machine onsite shop
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We arrived on Saturday the 23rd June. On arrival everything seemed very good we're staying in a lodge with a hot tub, the lodge itself is very spacious and tidy. The problems we have had starts from outside the lodge. We noticed the ground had been dug up prior to us arriving due to an underground leak so of course this didn't look too great when looking out the window or in the hot tub, but this isn't the issue I have; it's the fact the next day without any warning or communication they was digging the ground up again(see pics) this went on for two days, the digger was only removed from between the lodges and parked in the car park when there was a complaint raised. At no time was we informed of what was going on by management and when we approached them they seemed very unwilling to communicate with us as we have been waiting on two phone calls from then and now apparently there systems are down. ( walk to our lodge then!) We have another 3 days here and are going to try and enjoy the rest of our holiday as we have been waiting a year for this trip. Will report back at the end of our trip to let you know the outcome. Hopefully be able to write a more cheerful review.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank richevans0783
PDRService, Guest Relations Manager at Parkdean Resorts - Landguard Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Hi there.

I thank you for sharing your views on TripAdvisor. Your complaint was dealt with by our Holiday Sales Manager during your stay so I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and that you would consider using Parkdean Resorts again in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

we stayed for a week on our first visit to the isle of wight the caravan was very clean and tidy , the park is good for couples and kids the outdoor pool was good the staff are great very friendly and will offer good information to you if needed there are supermarkets close by too would recommend to others

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A M
PDRService, Guest Relations Manager at Parkdean Resorts - Landguard Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Hi there.

Thank you for posting this fantastic review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent holiday at Landguard and do hope that you would choose to stay with us again on any future visits to the Isle of Wight.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

We had a three-bedroom unit in Woodlands, and the whole place was spotless when we arrived. The rooms were very spacious, and everywhere there were cupboards far in excess of what we needed. The kitchen was immense, with every item for cooking all meals needed. Mugs, glasses, plates, etc would allow for entertaining a group of eighteen or more! The unit also had a good sized separate laundry room. I have never spent a holiday in either a mobile unit or hotel with the facilities this place provided. The whole holiday complex was kept tidy, The indoor and outdoor heated pools were very nice, I was not impressed that although we were there in June, various pool facilities were shown as closed - not really, as you had to ask someone in attendance to open the indoor flume, outdoor tumbling shower, etc. I have to say that the staff at this holiday park were very friendly and helpful. The entertainment for young children at both Languard and next door Lower Hyde was excellent. However, the biggest problem was having no internet connection at the Languard site, neither the free internet at the main centre, nor the pay-as-you-go where we were situated. This meant that my grandchildren could not use their notepads, nor could we pre-book tickets for the various places we went to - it cost us more to go to places and pay on the day. A member of staff said this had been an issue since last year, so I think this should as a priority be resolved. All in all, this is a place that I would recommend for all, as it also allows people staying with pets. A totally lovely experience, and I would certainly stay again. Also, wherever you stay, the Isle of Wight has so many places to visit within no more than a half hour journey.

Room Tip: Great location. Had no interruptions from noise, cars, or neighbours. A truly lovely family holiday,
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Hi there.

Thank you for taking the time to write this five star review for Landguard. I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations and that you had a lovely holiday here on the Isle of Wight, although I do apologise that you could not connect to the internet during your stay. I am so pleased that you were happy with the standard of your accommodation and it is great to know that you would to choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

To some up the experience, is to say it was very good. The experience didn't lack in quality, but more so the expectation. We were booked in to one of the new lodges that was built in 2017. Firstly, on arrival, we were given directions to the lodge. The drive up to the lodge was a very bumpy, uneven road with pot holes followed by a gravel road that lead up to the lodges. The lodge looks perfect when you first arrive. However, as nice as it was being surrounded by forestry, the trees blocked all of the sunlight from morning to afternoon. The decking and my car was covered in leaves, branches and sap. I had to take my car to the car wash twice on the 7 night stay, and had to brush down the decking, table and chairs numerous times. Inside the lodge is very nice and modern. Yet the living area and the kitchen area seemed small for the amount of people staying. When we stayed at the sister lodge the previous year (lower hyde), it was definitely more spacious, well equipped and bigger. There were a few "snags" within the lodge that I had raised with reception which got quickly rectified by the maintenance team. There are no issues I have with maintenance or reception team, they were 5* star. The evening entertainment was slightly bland, and most nights it was hardly busy with customers. The drinks are expensive too. The indoor and outdoor pools were great fun for summer weather, but some of the staff at the pool are not as friendly or as helpful and most of the time lacked experience with customer service skills. The overall experience was very good. The only reason why I am giving it a 4* review and not a 3* is because of the reception team. They were great dealing with my booking and throughout our stay. Many thanks for making it a pleasant enough stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Hi there.

Thank you for posting this review. I am so pleased that your overall experience was good and that you were well looked after by our reception team. I am sorry that you were not so happy with your accommodation, our lodges are, as you say, set in a woodlands area so inevitably leaves will fall from the trees. I am sorry that the entertainment provided was not to your taste but I do thank you for this valuable feedback and do hope that you would choose to stay with Parkdean Resorts again in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Lovely clean park staff friendly,could do with better entertainment not much on in evening,bar prices a bit on the expensive side the food okay but the same on the expensive side,caravan was very clean

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peckham20

Hi there.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am so pleased that you found the camp and your accommodation to be very clean and all our staff to be friendly. I am sorry that the entertainment was not to your taste and the bar prices to be high as they are competitively priced but I do thank you for your valuable feedback.