All reviews beef medallions superior room party night would highly recommend this hotel well worth a try comfortable bed cooked to perfection excellent hotel small bar family run hotel golf club town centre eggs benedict full scottish on arrival compliments to the chef course dinner
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

My sister and I stayed at the Dunmuir hotel in Dunbar for 3 nights. What an absolute jewel of a hotel. Bedrooms immaculate, food was excellent and all the staff were extremely courteous and polite. We could not fault this hotel in any way.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Philip M, Owner at Dunmuir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Janette

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. It was a pleasure to welcome you and your sister and we will share your kind comments with our team.

I do hope we can welcome you again soon

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Our recent one night stay at the Dunmuir Hotel exceeded our expectations in every way. From the moment we walked in the door to check-in – until the moment we checked out – we were welcomed and treated in a way that was far superior to most, if not all, of the 5* city hotels we have ever stayed in – and at a fraction of the price.

If we were pushed to pick out the best bit it would have to be the food. I had the beef medallions and my wife had the steak and ale pie – wow! The most pleasant of waitresses that looked after us whilst dining could have put our plates straight back into the cupboard they were so clean.

We will definitely be back to stay at the Dunmuir in the future – for longer than one night next time!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Lamar...

What can we say, your review is amazing and thank you so much for placing it on our page. Thank you so much for your very kind comments and feedback and I will ensure that everyone involved shares in your praise.

We hope it won't be to long until we can welcome you back

Reviewed 26 September 2018

My friend had beef on the bone, was so fatty he could not eat it, considering they were residents charged full price did not even take it for my DOG, they will not return. Mary Gibb, Dunbar, east Lothian.

Dear Haishami007

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent visit to the hotel. Thank you also for talking to me over the telephone and as I mentioned I was very concerned to read your comments and that your friend did not enjoy the dish and that you felt that the concerns had not been dealt with.

As we discussed as a regular user I do wish you had spoken to us in the first instance, as I mentioned I had checked with my team and Sheena who was the waitress that you are referring to find out if we could shed any light on your comments on your review and hence my first response and had drawn and blank.

I can only apologize for your friends disappointment and it would appear after chatting through the evening with you your friend did not wish to complain and had not made a fuss which I totally understand when celebrating your special birthday and therefore we ended up with mixed message hence the comments were not logged.

To confuse maters even further your friends were staying with us and had nothing but praise for there stay and as I mentioned had placed a 10 out 10 on the review site they had booked with - hence ours and your confusion!

As I mentioned we have a satisfaction check at each part of the dinning experience to ensure that guests are satisfied and if there is anything at this point which I am pleased to advise that we don't get such adverse feedback we try to rectify it and was also pleased to hear your kind comments about your meal and other visits and recommendations for the hotel to your friends.

I am so pleased that you will return and do hope that it will not be too long and pleased we managed to resolve everything to your satisfaction and again apologies for any misunderstanding.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Had lunch here today with my parents. Friendly staff and an extensive menu. The goats cheese salad with fries was delicious. Mum and dad enjoyed their meal too. The hotel’s dog is adorable. Shame I couldn’t take him home! Would definitely return and recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Philip M, Owner at Dunmuir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear Ednmag

Thank you so much for your amazing review of your lunch with us. We were delighted to read your feedback about the dishes that you all had. Thank you also for mentioning Max our Dalmatian - he is adorable and he knows it!

Hope we can welcome you back soon

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Our party of 8 golfers stayed there for 4 days in early September 2018. All our rooms were clean, spacious and had all necessary facilities. The staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful. We dined at the hotel on 3 evenings. The menu offered a good selection of choices and everything was excellently prepared and presented. We chose to have a curry night and a steak night - they were happy to provide. Breakfasts were full range, tasty and generous.
Although very close to Dunbar Golf Club it was a little distant from several of our courses around the Gullane area - but well worth the extra travel.
Would highly recommend this hotel and restaurant.

Room tip: Superior rooms on the higher floors are roomy and quieter
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Philip M, Owner at Dunmuir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Dear Jim

Thank you so much for your amazing review of your stay with your friends whilst play golf along Scotland's Golf Coast. It was a pleasure to welcome you all to the hotel and thank you so much for such a detailed review of your stay.

We were delighted to read your comments about the food and great to hear that the specialty nights that we organised with you went down so well.

It is really kind of you to recommend both the hotel and our award winning restaurant

I do hope we can welcome you back