“Superb food, great views!”
Review of The Dirty Duck

The Dirty Duck
Ranked #6 of 54 Restaurants in Holywood
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Whenever I visit Northern Ireland from England, I always make a special visit to the Dirty Duck - and I've never been disappointed. We are a family of three generations and all found something we enjoyed. I had the chicken pot pie with veg and champ, it was gorgeous. You can tell everything is homemade. My husbands grandfather had the prawn bruschetta to start and said they were the 'best prawns he'd ever eaten.' High praise indeed from a lifelong seafood fan. The only slight criticism I have (and it is slight), is that the booths are on the small side for a table of 6, you find yourself bumping elbows and being a bit short of table space. The booth seats overhang the tables so perhaps a bigger table could be an option. Overall though, friendly fast service, fantastic homemade food and a view of the sea. What more can you ask for? Just make sure you like the person you're sitting next to!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Seafood chowder as a starter was a nice surprise as I wasn’t really impressed from the last one I had here. The main however was outstanding! A very original and tasty choice! Staff was also very helpful. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is our third visit to The Dirty Duck, and again we left saying we would definitely go back. Specialising in fish dishes, I ordered the pasta fish special, the good size chunks of fish and garlic ciabatta at only £11 was fantastic value. One diner asked for a substitution in her meal (as she doesn't like prawns) and was sent a portion of free chips from the kitchen - fantastic customer service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After a bracing walk along the seafront path we called at the Dirty Duck to see if we could get something to eat. Both the downstairs bar and the restaurant were busy and we were offered a place on the list for a table in the bar and promptly served drinks. Within 15 minutes a table became available and we both chose the smoked haddock on mash which was served quickly and tasted delicious. A really delightful experience and all credit to Mark, our server, who was excellent from welcoming us, sorting the table and taking our order. Music from Nat and Neil just added to a lovely evening.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came with family on a Sunday. Fab staff and location - food at a good price with varied menu. Great stuff - the place to go!!!