“Never again.”

Ranked #86 of 203 Restaurants in Paignton
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Inn On The Quay is situated in a prominent position on Goodrington Sands Beach, near Splashdown Water Park & the Paignton to Dartmouth Steam Railway, & has picturesque views over the English Riviera. Many of our friendly & experienced team have worked here for several years & worked their way up to Team Leader & Management positions. We are well known in the community for our freshly cooked pub food - you'll find all your favourites on the menu here!
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my family of 5 visited for the 2nd time today. For the price you expect quality plentiful food. I ordered the burrito bowl for just under 10 pounds and had to get a chippy on the way home. Hardly any rice loads of salad and half of my plate was piled up with jalapenos... the kids had chicken nuggets which were hard and crispy. We spent 40 quid for a very disappointing meal. So thanks for putting a downer on our holiday!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 216)

94 - 98 of 1 216 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Recently visited with friends and our kids and didn't leave a review as felt busy so maybe had excuse.In short I expect a salad for over £10 to be superb.It was limp and bland.Thw kids pasta and meatballs was inedible as the meatballs rock hard.Unaacceptible.Leaving review today more on staff that the mediocre fayre I expected from the place.I order a coffee and a grapefruit juice and lemonade.The barman opens and orange juice and presents me with a full half pint of lemonade and the orange.When I say I ordered grapefruit I am told NO you didn't you ordered a britvic orange juice and lemonade? I said I did not as I don't like orange juice so know I didn't.He replied Sorry but you definitely ordered orange juice.What are we 5? The beligerant manner was unbelievable give the place was all but empty.Wont visit again and will be sure to advise others to steer clear also.Rude staff, questionable food and do well to remember not everyone is a tourist with knowledge of other better places... disappointed

1  Thank Foodytraveller1969
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We went here whilst staying at the premier Inn. The restaurant was very busy as being bank holiday weekend and although we had booked we had to wait over an hour for food. The food is standard brewers fayre.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Well I reviewed this back in February 2017 and gave it a don't bother.

Went today as saw the deal for two for £8.99.

I am so pleasantly surprised to find it has turned around. The staff were excellent very pleasant and thank you to them. Our starter and meal were of very good quality and thoroughly enjoyed (it was another try at my birthday celebration as went to Inn on Green last week and the food was so overcooked I think they thought I was a God and the staff were so uninterested!).

I would have given the staff a tip but unfortunately had to run because of running out of time on the car meter.

Once again well done on the turn around and thank you staff for your excellent service

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Located right on the beach at Goodrington, there's plenty of inside and outside space here. Four of us dined on a Sunday evening, taking advantage of the carvery offers, a free bottle of wine and a Father's Day free meal - this made for GREAT value.
Service was excellent, speedy and friendly. The carvery was well stocked, with generous servings of meat and plenty of veg to choose from. The other meals - chicken and bacon salad and chicken and pesto pie - were also very good.
One thing to bear in mind - you need to pay for parking down on the beach....