“Great service with a lovely view”
Review of TJ's Restaurant

TJ's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 203 Restaurants in Paignton
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We pride ourselves on having a unique combination of menus; with our Tapas style menu consisting of over 25 smaller portion dishes that can be ordered individually as a starter or in multiples to provide a complete meal - a very social and interactive style of dining, promoting lively debate between couples, families or groups until a compromise is reached concluding everyones preferences. This runs alongside our 'Chefs One Plates Menu', vastly different in content, these main courses always including a succulent Steak. These frequently changing dishes focus on our chef's culinary and artistic skills creating thoughtfully flavoured and beautifully presented meals. Lovingly prepared to order, using, as often as possible locally sourced fresh seafood, meat and vegetables.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Looking for somewhere special we thought we'd give it a try. We were given a table on the balcony over looking the harbour, a fabulous view, on a lovely sunny evening.
The menu was varied and the food cooked and served to a high standard.
I ordered the fish pie which came in two scooped out potato skins, a variation on a theme, but tasty none the less. It was a little more expensive and therefore I felt that maybe a side of vegetable or bread may have helped to make it feel better value.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 187)

86 - 90 of 1 187 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Oh dear this was probably my favourite place in the whole of the West Country but what a disappointment,the food was o k but changed from first rate tapas to run of the mill stuff,charged over £104-00 pounds £114.00 with tip(I refuse to leave any restaurant without a tip) I must say we were very disappointed.

2  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Table for four, a return to this fantastic restaurant.
As always, a warm and friendly welcome. The trademark of this unparalleled eatery continued with wonderful food, good wine and comfort. At the end a fond heart felt farewell and thank you and not too hefty a bill.
Would I return ? course I would. I'd live in the place if I could. Brilliant.
If you read this and think ' bit over the top ', go there and I assure you, you will share my enthusiasm.
A huge Thank you to TJ's.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Iv been trying to go to this restaurant for quite a few years now, but my annual trip to this lovely part of south devon has always culminated in the restaurant being closed for a week or the wrong nights being open for me. Hence I came in the middle of june and found they opened on a wed night. I booked for 6 30 pm and was quite surprised to see about a dozen diners in already. I was shown to my table by a very polite young man who commented that he had remembered me booking over the phone, so that was a plus.
For my starters I had the crab gateaux, a mixture of brown and white crab meat with a mango and cucumber salad, very nicely presented and very tasty. Just the right amount of time between courses not hurried and hadn't got to wait too long for my mains. also other diners were coming into the restaurant.
My mains was chicken breast wrapped in pancetta with red peppers and a brie sauce with veg, all nicely washed down with a couple of glasses of pinot gricio, extremely nice. I did have a sweet which was interesting as it was a choice of any 3 from 6. So I had clotted cream ice cream, strawberry ice cream and tirimasu. I dined solo and had a delightful one and a half hours. I can understand why this restaurant is popular and can only go from strength to strength.
I dine out 3 to 4 times when I come down to devon and TJ,s will be one of my favourites now. Im a little spoiled for restaurants where I come from but this place would not be out of place. Also the staff were superb, attentive without being to intrusive. KEEP IT UP

1  Thank michael g
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic meal, everything was delicious. The staff are friendly, accommodating and nothing is too much trouble.