See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Me and my husband went to stay there on a Saturday night with another couple...Alright, the hotel is a bit out of town but well, it's only £5 for a taxi. I was impressed with the quality of the room and services compared with the price of just £39 per room. The room was clean and all facilities are excellent...I tell you what, my room is even better than some travel lodge coz I felt so cosy and relaxed while i stayed there.

The breakfast was excellent!!! especially an ice cold water from the cooler which you can bring back to your room...What a great recovery from a Saturday night out ^_^! The breakfast room was very nice and cosy.

Only one drawback is no ice or draft beer to be served but well who cares when you're going out to hit the town anyway.

Overall, It's a good hotel & good services with the reasonable price which you should consider to stay when you visit Wigan ^_^

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beer_Teasdale
Reviewed 29 September 2012

My wife and I have just spent two nights in this very average to poor hotel. The building both inside and out is very tired and in urgent need of an upgrade and clean. The en suite facilities were very limited in space with a clear emphasis on supermarket basic range of toiletries and loo rolls. The whole place was not particularly inviting and it is not likely we will stay again.

Room Tip: I am not convinced there are any
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Nikki was very attentive and helpful. Food and room were all you could ask for - good.
Would visit again no problem. The hotel is a bit dated but for a short stay was ideal for me and my girlfriend. Thank you Nikki.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bobskiroo
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I booked this hotel through booking. Com for me and my girl friend to go to a concert. My girl friend posted it on Facebook what we were doing and where we book to stay over night. Over the next week 5 other couples booked the same hotel. In the booking conditions it stated no same sex group booking , as we were couples the rule did not apply. The hotel cancelled all our bookings and kept all our deposits of £11.25. We spoke to the owner Nicki we suggested we leave a large deposit with them till we left, no joy with that and getting your deposit back. To booking . Com they took up your case and have have now refunded our deposit after a number of days of emails and phone conversations. So don't trust the owners of this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Joeno1kelly
Reviewed 5 April 2012

stayed with my 10 year old son for sunderland match. room good, staff friendly and breakfast excellent. approx 40 min walk to ground. result ceratinly made stay!!!!
would certainly stay there again

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family