“Easter Sunday meal ”

Red Door Bistro
Ranked #9 of 426 Restaurants in Wigan
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Small intimate award winning restaurant serving local fresh produce. Daily changing menu. Special offers
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a wonderful meal. Excellent standard of food. Very well presented and very tasty! Nice comfortable and cosy atmosphere. Very attentive and friendly staff. Recommend highly. Will be back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Good food, attentive staff, reasonable prices. Nice little restaurant. Went on a Thursday evening, wasn't too busy which we prefer. Mains where spot on, my dessert wasn't to my liking but I did choose it! Didn't get a taste of the better half's dessert, must have been good.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Went into town just before 6 looking for a meal before going to Wigan Little Theatre. Popped into Marty’s (no tables) and then Los Sentidas Locas where we were ignored by 3 members of staff in one minute so we walked out. We had seen the Red Door on Tripadvisor so thought we would give it a try.
Arriving outside we looked in through the windows to find it open but empty - hence “Should we? Shouldn’t we? Glad we did!”
We were given a warm welcome by a very pleasant young waitress and found a quiet corner by a radiator (good choice - cold outside!).
The menu was extensive and we could have chosen several dishes but knowing that we had to be at the theatre in an hour we kept it simple - Lasagne and a Steak Burger. Both were well cooked, came with a nice side salad and were delicious.
We shared a very nice bottle on a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc priced at under 22 pounds and finished with a couple of excellent coffees.
Service from our young waitress was attentive, helpful and pleasant indicating that she enjoyed her work and had been well trained. The restaurant deserved to be much busier although it was early and a very cold evening. We will certainly be coming back to the Red Door in preference to many other so called “restaurants” in Wigan.
Thanks for a lovely meal and great service.

3  Thank Orreller
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We came with a group of friends and overall really enjoyed our meal. The starter was by far the tastiest of the 3 courses I had, with the main being very nice too. My cheesecake dessert however was spoilt by the fact the plate was warm, not great for a cold dessert that came with cold cream...! Service was quick and efficient and I’m sure we will return at some point however I’ll probably steer away from the cold desserts!

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Not been in a few years and always enjoyed previously. I had a lunch time special of half a chicken and wedges. Whilst the taste was fine it was not particularly very hot. This may have been due to the restaurant being very cold inside during this icy period. Owner was sorry but not as good as previous visits. I would not let this put me off as it's a really nice place.