All reviews town centre inclusive break comfortable bed great weekend buffet breakfast public areas black pudding night stay bath shower dw stadium good nights sleep stayed here for one night wedding reception bar area night's sleep full english wedding party
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Staff were friendly and helpful. My room was very dated. Mercure have outsourced parking management so the place is plastered in posters warning you about registering vehicle and fines etc. no going back

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
WiganOak, General Manager at Mercure Wigan Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We have just started the first phase of our refurbishment of the bedrooms and public areas. The signs for the car park are there to ensure that all our guests are fully aware that it is complimentary for residents and to notify non-residents of the charges. I am sorry if you found these intrusive, but they are necessary.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We cannot fault the staff as they were very welcoming and pleasant nor the hotel room as it was very comfortable and very clean, the breakfast was really good too but the only downfall was getting into the hotel after our night out in town, the gates were locked and nobody would answer the bell system we had to squeeze through the car park gates as it was chained shut.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emmapullan
WiganOak, General Manager at Mercure Wigan Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Thank you for your review and your very kind comments regarding the staff, bedroom and Breakfast. I was, of course, disappointed to read of your inconvenience with the gates - these are locked during the night to provide extra security for our guests and we do provide guest signs on each of the gates notifying guests of how to contact the Night Manager. I will certainly be speaking with him regarding your comments, as he should be available at all times to ensure guests can enter or exit the hotel freely at all times.
Thank you again for your review and I hope that we have the chance of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

A businessmen's conference. We arrived very early, but a room was found immediately. No waiting. Friendly staff. Good facilities. Food OK. Our room was comfortable, and storage adequate. Comfortable bed. Good value. Pity about the snow!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
WiganOak, General Manager at Mercure Wigan Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thank you very much for your review and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always very rewarding when our staff's efforts at offering the best service possible are recognised and I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

With the brand Mercure I expected better than I received in terms of the Hotel. The staff were good butvthe hotel was desperate in need of updating. The bar area felt cold and had no atmosphere the range of beer was poor. The walk to and from my room meant feeling like I was walking into staff quarters, just weird. The room was just ok.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, we very much appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments regarding the staff. We are in the planning stages of refurbishing the public areas and we are looking to hopefully start work on this very soon. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again and see the changes that we are making.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed on Saturday 12th May. Felt the man on reception that day was miserable. The key to our room wouldn't work and we were told it's because of our mobile phone?? I didn't actually have mine on me!! We were on second floor and it raked of cigarette smoke. The cleaner was aware and did nothing. The pillows didn't smell very good. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was OK.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
WiganOak, General Manager at Mercure Wigan Oak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018