Lumley Castle Hotel(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$216
US$103
  • Pool
Bowburn Hall(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$70
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

US$94
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Bannatyne Hotel Durham(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$57
Priceline
  • Restaurant
The Avenue Inn(High Shincliffe)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$98
Orbitz.com
Travelodge Durham(Durham)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$54
Travelodge
The Bay Horse Inn(Brandon)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$66
Bridge Hotel(Durham)(Great Value!)
US$92
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewskings lodgecity centreshower cubicletrain stationshort walkbreakfast includedfull englishwithin easy walking distancefamily roomquiet locationsingle roomlovely hotelstayed one nightsunday lunchthree nightsevening mealtwo night stay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Located at walking distance from the city centre (10-15 minutes) and from the railway station (10 minutes), in a very quiet and green area of the city, this hotel has interiors like a warm countryhouse. There are large rooms, with nice furniture, and there is also a beer garden surrounded by shady trees.
Downstairs there is a very convenient restaurant where delicious dinner and lunch and breakfast are served.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank PalombiG
Honour W, Guest Relations Manager at The Kingslodge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Ah, thank you for leaving this review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience with us and we do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We chose this property as it was within walking distance of the Cathedral and had parking. Supper in the evening was excellent as was the menu selection. The staff were both helpful and polite. However our room was a very small twin - and I found it to be claustrophobic. Perhaps more suitable as a single let. There was no space to walk around the room, It really was a very tight squeeze. The bathroom was tiny and the mirror was suitable for a tall person - being 5'2" I couldn't even see into it. The TV decided to be temperamental despite attempts by staff to fix it. Sadly breakfast the next morning did not compare to the excellent meal of the night before. DIY breakfasts are not enjoyable and as the cost of B&B was similar to the other Scottish hotels we had recently stayed in we felt that The King's Lodge was expensive in comparison especially considering the small bedroom we were given. It was obvious that the accommodation was being upgraded - all to the good of course but you cannot increase the size of a room in an old building! For pub grub and the service it cannot be faulted. Very tasty and very good.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cherryimp

Thank you for leaving this review, so sorry about the bedroom! I am pleased you enjoyed your meal and our location and we do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Good location being a short walk from the city centre but without the hustle and bustle. Rooms were okay and very clean. Food good (big portions!) but what made this stay is the very friendly and helpful staff. Thank you to all of them for making our stay so good.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank AGEastLondon
Honour W, Guest Relations Manager at The Kingslodge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you for leaving this review, I am so pleased to hear you have enjoyed your time with us at our beautiful Inn and we would love to see you again soon!

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I have just read some of the reviews which I had not done before booking. Quite varied and some downright critical!
Well, let me tell you that my take is overwhelmingly positive.

We came up here for a 3 night city break and wanted somewhere central but with safe parking. This place is just 10 minutes walk from the centre of town and those people complaining about this need to take some exercise in my opinion!

On arrival the receptionist was really helpful and pleasant. Yes, we paid upfront but that seems to be the norm in my experience these days. The room (1) was recently refurbished and although a residual paint smell it was not overpowering. The decor was very suitable for this style of hotel/Inn and the bathroom/shower very nicely done. TV had great reception and a good size. We experienced no noise or issues with the room over the stay.

The restaurant was okay and we ate there two nights. My only criticism would be that the range of gluten free options was not large or obvious on the menu although to be fair the waitress did say the chef would try and accommodate any choice I made! GF beer was available which is a big plus and doesn’t happen a lot these days! We enjoyed the meals and they were well cooked and filling.

Breakfast was okay. I agree that the buffet approach was not extensive for choice and it would have been nice if tea and coffee could be served direct to the customer. The cooked options were very good and ours was hot and delivered quickly. I think I have had much, much worse if I am honest.

So, overall a big thumbs up from me!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Honour W, Guest Relations Manager at The Kingslodge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Ah, thank you for leaving this great review and for you kind comments.
Regarding the paint smell, we are currently refurbishing our bedrooms to bring them all up to date. FYI we do have a gluten-free menu behind the bar, please do ask to see it for more choices!
I am so pleased you have enjoyed your experience with us at our beautiful Inn, and we do hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 26 May 2018

The location is excellent, being a short walk from everything. Lovely, quiet location. Only met one member of staff - not unpleasant, but not particularly friendly either. Our room must have been an older one. We felt it was clean, but old (verging on a bit shabby). It was a slight improvement on the decor of a good hostel. Loud sound occasionally from above (water tank refilling or some plumbing sound) - but not terrible. Included breakfast. Buffet was very, very basic. A few yoghurts, some bread you could toast yourself, a pot of self-serve coffee, a few jams and cereals. That being said, you could also choose to order from the menu, which we did. We ordered an egg dish which was suprisingly tasty and much more than we could possibly eat. The Inn is full of character, but the atmosphere was unenthusiastic. Overall, it was a perfectly average experience - although not to the standard worthy of the £95 price. The nearby (and equally conveniently located) Radisson Blu and Premier Inn hotels were also £95 for those nights (though that was not including breakfast). If Kingslodge Inn was priced a little more reasonably to match the accommodation, I'd be happy to reccommend it as an alternative to the hotels. But, at £95 it is not cheaper than the hotels, and there just isn't enough otherwise to reccomend it - as it's just OK.

Room Tip: They are renovating at the moment, so ask for a room away from renovations when booking.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for leaving this review, I am so sorry you feel this way.
We are currently refurbishing the rooms at The Kings Lodge Inn and would love it if you came back once they have been completed.