Reviews (2 848)
2 848 results
1 690
1 690
All reviews rib room golf course fusion restaurant steak golf break golf club new wing charity ball premier room huge bed reception staff evening meal cooked to perfection great night birthday treat fantastic stay special occasion
978 - 983 of 2 848 reviews
Reviewed 22 December 2016

My husband booked a surprise 1-night getaway at Ramside Hall to celebrate our 20th Wedding anniversary.
It appeared everybody arrived at same time to check-in as there was a long queue ...I was surprised by the number of people and wondering what the place was doing right to attract so many people.
Initially, I wasn't in too much expectation of the place but was blown away by the ambiance of the room, the spa, restaurant (Fusion) ...

I would recommend this hotel, spa and Fusion restaurant (I've reviewed this in the past) to anyone coming to the area.
I will definitely come again!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

We are delighted your husband chose Ramside Hall Hotel for your wedding anniversary celebration and to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

I sincerely hope we shall be able to welcome you both back to our hotel again very soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

We arrived at ramside hall and initially we were very impressed. The reception staff were friendly and informative, our room was clean and welcoming. I did however feel the room was slightly cold walking in, which was due to no heating in the place other than an electric heater which was turned off. We then rang reception to enquire about the spa and asked if we needed to wear our robes from our room to the spa or if new robes were provided there, we were informed we could get robes in the spa which was good since we were basically on the other side of the hotel to the spa and we'd have had to walk through bars and reception in robes to get there otherwise. There were three people on the spa reception when we got there, none of them seemed to want to serve us and were distracted by each other, rather than them asking if they could help we stood awkwardly for a moment while they finished their conversations. Once we were served we were given bands and told how to get into the spa, however I expected more. I've been to several spas and good spas generally walk you through wait while you change and then show you into the spa. Instead we were left to find our own way around. The lockers in the ladies weren't working either. We weren't provided with robes and had to ask. There were loads of towels available neatly folded which was a nice touch and the spa changing rooms were tidy. Going through to the spa, we'd paid an extra 50 for extra access which if I'm honest wasn't massively worth it, people kept leaving the door open and I can guarantee people who hadn't paid the extra were inside as it was overcrowded. So I'd recommend not paying it and just sneaking in like others. The poolside attendants looked bored and were far from attentive. There were towels and robes discarded throughout the spa and nobody tidied these. All in all I'd say the spa was a huge let down. We went to fusion after we got sorted, the food itself was delicious!! The service however, not so great, with the exception of the barman who initially served us. Service was slow and food was just put in front of us and then left, nobody checked on us to see how the food was either. Waited 30 minutes for our dessert which was just the chocolate brownie to share.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2016

I stayed here with a group of WI members on an overnight trip. The rooms were excellent, evening carvery one of the best I've had. Breakfast was a comprehensive choice, something for everyone. Cooked breakfast must be local produce as I'm fussy about mass produced sausages. Drinks from the bar were reasonable. Staff were efficient and helpful. I would stay again if I come up to Durham again. Our whole trip was very well priced but I don't know how much we paid for hotel looks good value from website.

Stayed: December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Ramside Hall Hotel and we are delighted to read how much you and your party enjoyed their visit.

I hope you will have the opportunity to come and stay with us again when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Ramside at Easter time and enjoyed it so much we decided to bring my daughter and son in law for a Christmas treat. We realised that since it was during the Christmas party period we might be taking a risk with slow service and noisy party goers. On arrival, as before we were promptly dealt with. Reception staff were friendly and the concierge whipped our bags away to our rooms immediately.
Again, rooms spacious and comfortable. We went the spa. This time we paid extra for an upgrade in the spa: well worth it. The outside hot pool was excellent. However a word of warning. On the Saturday evening the temperature dropped and the water on the decking began to freeze. My daughter slipped and skinned a knee and another guest nearly slipped. I mentioned it to staff but did not see any action being taken. Food again was good. Fusion was offering tasty Asian cuisine although my wife felt a little limited as she doesn't like fish. On Saturday we went to the Rib Room. My portion of scallops was a bit small and I felt my 8oz fillet looked a bit tiny. However once I had eaten I felt full so fair play to the Rib Room. We waited a bit on service but the staff did apologise and I felt that since they were very busy it was not too bad. Buffet breakfast was very good, fresh and not dried up and hard as is often the case.
We were afforded a peaceful night with little party disturbance.
Overall an enjoyable stay at a time when hotels can be overstretched and sometimes reveal their limitations. I will be back and look forward to another pleasant stay at Ramside and Durham.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

We are delighted that chose to come and stay at Ramside Hall Hotel again recently and thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Your feedback is important to us and I would like to thank you for your comments which will be shared with the team for their review.

I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will choose our hotel again at which time we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Ramside.

Reviewed 18 December 2016

Everything from arrival to departure was excellent. Reception staff, in fact all staff professional in their duties. There must have been over 400 people at the motown night. Yes the bar prices are expensive but the food was hot, served on hot plates and served very professionally. Rooms very clean. Hotel very clean. Did not have time to play golf but we will go back and do this.

Room Tip: Our first time staying overnight and the room was beautiful.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mowtown event at Ramside Hall Hotel Golf and Spa.

We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed the evening and stay over and next time you visit us I hope you will make time to enjoy our fabulous golf facilities.