“Love coffee”
Review of Tinderbox Durham

Tinderbox Durham
Ranked #18 of 23 Coffee & Tea in Durham
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Every day me and my husband walk into town and generally walk then we call here for a coffee. Friendly staff and management. Lovely place for a beverage and food. Fantastic building

Reviewed 27 June 2018

First visit to this cafe; nicely situated with pleasant outlook; enjoyed a cappuccino and a warm scone; friendly and helpful staff

Reviewed 21 June 2018

This coffee shop was OK but I wouldn't go out of my way to revisit it - the décor was pleasant enough and chairs comfy but the selection of food on offer to go with the drinks was basic - some very loud men who didn't seem able to talk at normal volume made it often difficult for my friends and I to chat - only one toilet which was a bit of an inconvenience rather than a convenience and nothing to dry hands on as all the towels had been used.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We visited this espresso bar to check out this new hotel ...Hotel Indigo. The setting is really nice although as a lounge area for the hotel I would be unsure.
The cappuccinos were served to our table and the coffee was good however at a classy hotel would have thought a little Italian biscuit on the side of the cup would be a better touch.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

I’m sorry I like the location it’s a great place to sit and I had high hopes, however my flat white nearly burnt my mouth and it came overflowing the cup so dripping everywhere it’s in the detail Tinderbox please get a proper barista! As I said lovely place to sit and has outdoor seating too I may go back if they address the coffee making otherwise flat white over the bridge has professional baristas and great blends to try
Sorry to be a bit of a coffee snob but I’m sure there’s more like me

Been to Tinderbox Durham? Share your experiences!