“Love coffee”
Review of Tinderbox Durham

Tinderbox Durham
Ranked #14 of 19 Coffee & Tea in Durham
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Every day me and my husband walk into town and generally walk then we call here for a coffee. Friendly staff and management. Lovely place for a beverage and food. Fantastic building

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First visit to this cafe; nicely situated with pleasant outlook; enjoyed a cappuccino and a warm scone; friendly and helpful staff

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This coffee shop was OK but I wouldn't go out of my way to revisit it - the décor was pleasant enough and chairs comfy but the selection of food on offer to go with the drinks was basic - some very loud men who didn't seem able to talk at normal volume made it often difficult for my friends and I to chat - only one toilet which was a bit of an inconvenience rather than a convenience and nothing to dry hands on as all the towels had been used.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited this espresso bar to check out this new hotel ...Hotel Indigo. The setting is really nice although as a lounge area for the hotel I would be unsure.
The cappuccinos were served to our table and the coffee was good however at a classy hotel would have thought a little Italian biscuit on the side of the cup would be a better touch.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I’m sorry I like the location it’s a great place to sit and I had high hopes, however my flat white nearly burnt my mouth and it came overflowing the cup so dripping everywhere it’s in the detail Tinderbox please get a proper barista! As I said lovely place to sit and has outdoor seating too I may go back if they address the coffee making otherwise flat white over the bridge has professional baristas and great blends to try
Sorry to be a bit of a coffee snob but I’m sure there’s more like me

Been to Tinderbox Durham? Share your experiences!