“Lucky find”
Review of The Kingslodge Inn

The Kingslodge Inn
Ranked #87 of 331 Restaurants in Durham
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed Friday and Saturday night of Easter Weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Staff so welcoming and friendly. Room very cosy, food brilliant and location great. Dining room and bar lovely decorated. Felt so relaxed especially listening to the great music played in the background. We'll diffinately be back when the weather is warmer. Thanks again to you all for making our weekend so good.

2  Thank katiesc00t
Honour W, Guest Relations Manager at The Kingslodge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Ah, thank you for leaving this lovely review!
I am so pleased you have enjoyed your experience with us and we do hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Ate here for the first time last night with my husband after recommendation from friends. Very impressed on arrival as the inn is decorated beautifully, with lots of space. We both had the fishcakes to start which were fantastic! Service was good and the young waitress who served us was very helpful. I ordered pulled beef brisket from the specials menu for my main. It was so disappointing. The beef was beautifully cooked but everything else was tasteless. The mash seemed to be some kind of reconstituted, dried slop with zero taste and the red cabbage was also lacking any flavour. The whole dish was drowned in a watery, insipid gravy. My husband had a chicken curry which he said was nice but again it was absolutely swimming in sauce and the chicken was over cooked. We had two lovely bottles of pinot which made up for our disappointing mains. Other customers food looked lovely so we think we had just ordered the wrong things and for this reason we would eat here again.

Honour W, Guest Relations Manager at The Kingslodge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere of our lovely Inn. I will pass on your lovely comments regarding our team members.
I am sorry you didn't enjoy your beef main course, did you mention it to a member of our team? We would happily rectify any problems had we known of any issues.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Kingslodge Inn again soon!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

I booked a table for two during my stay in Durham but we were given the choice of the entire restaurant as it was quiet. First impression was it was a quaint, traditional pub-style building beautifully decorated with American reminiscence. We were immediately welcomed by a very cheery gent who introduced himself as Dave and passed over to a lovely young waitress who happily answered all our questions and went out of the way to ensure dietary preferences were met. I ordered the mushroom burger without chips, asking for the house greens, my only complaint is the greens were undercooked and tasteless. I had a lovely conversation with Hanna who convinced us to give the crumble a go and ensured we never went with an empty bottle of the house red. It was cooked divine and more than made up for the house greens. Compliments to the dessert chef on duty! It was shame we almost passe it over as the roadworks obscures the roads entry. Overall I was very impressed with the quality the restaurant strives for and would highly recommend.

1  Thank HuskyofNewcastle
Honour W, Guest Relations Manager at The Kingslodge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thank you for leaving this lovely, kind review!
I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and we would love to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 23 January 2018

My wife and I met relations that were staying here. We had a lovely meal and we were well looked after by the staff who were not pushy but kept us well stocked with drinks. Stayed until well after midnight and were not pushed to leave. Lovely place.

1  Thank K5463VGronaldb
Honour W, Guest Relations Manager at The Kingslodge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you for leaving this review, I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and we would love to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Wow is all I can say about our Christmas Day family dinner. We were made so welcome by all the staff. The staff work as as amazing team and really seem to enjoy their work.

The food was outstanding and all our plates were cleared.

What a wonderful time we had and will highly recommended

1  Thank Rachel H
Honour W, Guest Relations Manager at The Kingslodge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Ah, thank you very much for leaving this wonderful review and for your kind comments about our team and food! I am so pleased you enjoyed your Christmas with us and we would love to welcome you back again in the near future.