East Mount House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lisdoonie Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)
The Chetwynde Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)
View Hotel
The Duke of Edinburgh Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)
View Hotel
The Furness Railway Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Barrow in Furness(Barrow-in-Furness)
Ambrose Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)
Abbey House Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)
Hotel Imperial(Barrow-in-Furness)
The Hotel Majestic(Barrow-in-Furness)
View Hotel
All reviewsfour poster bedfriendly hostsclose to town centrelovely roomnight stayguesthousewifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Oh Wow, what can I say about East Mount, we were greeted on arrival by the owner's daughter Fiona. Very warm welcome, very friendly, shown to a beautiful room and she then went and got us some instant cappuccinos for our room. Our room had everything we could want, coffee and tea making, big flat screen TV, view over to the sea, walking distance to all amenities. The breakfasts every day were lovely without exception. Steve and Liz bent over backwards to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. We fell totally in love with East Mount and Barrow and can't wait to got back to both. There is a great pub nearby serving great meals very inexpensively and a Spa/Subway nearby too. Good car parking space, you'd be hard pushed to find better than this anywhere for the same price.

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to have room 1 which looked over to the sea but all rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Stayed for 3 nights issue with WIFI connecyion to resolve this issue they upgraded me to a larger room with a four poster bed at no extra charge. Found the hosts to be friendly and hospitable. Would recommend more fresh fruit at breakfast as one of the morings only choice was berries. Would also suggest that hot chocolate is amongst the complementary teas and coffees and a notice that fresh milk available on request. Other than these minor points can't fault this guesthouse.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed at East Mount for 2 nights mid September .we enjoyed our stay there,the friendly hosts made our stay very welcoming.The room was clean and tidy,the bed very comfy and the breakfasts very satisfying.Would we stay there again,most certainly.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2016

I booked my daughter and I in,using Booking.com,and was pleased to get a good price for two single rooms for two nights.The rooms were very clean,with en suite facilities and were very well organised with wifi,tv,kettle,etc.Breakfast was excellent,and arrived very quickly,despite the hostess having suffered a minor accident on the day of our arrival.The adjacent offroad car park was good.
I enjoyed the mile and a half or so walk to the town centre,using the lovely park as part of the trip.Barrow,itself,is a strange Victorian mixture,with some imposing buildings and the ugly old workers terraces.It is,however,a great jumping off point for the Lake District.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2016

I cannot believe all the positive reviews here because this place is very dirty. My room stank of dogs. There was hair on the bed, hair on the bathroom floor, etc. It was a dusty room. The carpet was stained. I did not even want to walk on the carpet so used things to create a stepping stone walkway. I had to check out early and book somewhere else. When I asked the owner if animals had stayed in my room he lied and said no. Cannot recommend this place at all. It needs a visit from the Hotel Inspector.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business