All reviews helpful couple family room guest house toilet and shower replenished daily a lovely stay lake district walking distance lovely breakfast parking space full english top floor small room lovely guesthouse tea and coffee couldn't fault lakes
Reviewed 30 July 2016

B and B is in a great location for visiting Bowness and has parking. Breakfast was brilliant and owners welcoming. Room was adequate for the three of us . Lovely garden if weather good but we had rain.

Room tip: Family room for three was good for one night.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

A group of six of us, two groups of three, stayed in two rooms for two nights. We enjoyed our experience. The property is located off the main drag in Bowness so is pretty quiet. Karen, the owner, was very pleasant and made good breakfasts. She had a system, which seemed logical to us, of having guests fill out pre-order forms that had to be turned in by 10pm each day for next day breakfast. It worked for us but may not be ideal for some. Breakfast was served between 0830 and 0900 which, again, was fine with us but might be overly constrictive for some more leisurely patrons. One downside was the room size, fairly small (especially for three) but they would be fine for parties of two. Room 4 does not have en suite bath and we had to pass through public area to reach our WC/shower. Not terrible but might suggest a different room if this sort of thing is important. Overall a nice stay and we found it worth while and would book again when in area.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2016

I have to start by congratulating the owners of the lodge/Guest house. My stay there was very comfortable, though I arrived a little after my planned time I was welcomed and shown my room. The accommodation was very Comfortable and provided everything that I needed for my stay. My only regret is that I didn't book for longer.
The Breakfast was very well presented and it was everything you would hope for. The other guests were also very happy with the standard of there stay As I commented how nice it was their and was soon in conversation about how we would be return visitors.
The actual location was beautiful to see and I truly would have liked to have had more time to see and do more of the things on offer. The scenery was just incredible and I was afforded some tremendous memories with a little bit of exploring. I wished I had brought a better camera with me as On this occasion I lost out on some wonderful Photos.
I will return and complete these things and I will book Elim Lodge again. Only this time it will be for a longer stay.
Everything I required and more. Friendly and Polite owners.
Thank you for a wonderful stay even if the weather wasn't the best.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2016

Stayed here for 4 nights in mid April for my boyfriend's 40th mini break. Owners were very accommodating and friendly. The b&b is perfect location from the centre. It is a 5 minute walk into the hub of Bowness. Quiet and peaceful location. Stayed in the best room in the house as it had its own bathroom. Would however say it was 'cosy' and partner had to duck from the wooden beams, but lovely all the same.

Room tip: Worth paying the extra bit of £ to get your private bathroom, as the other rooms have bathrooms/toilets across the hall
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and can honestl say this place is great located close to the centre of bowness.We found the owners very friendly and hospitable the price was great and the room was spotless we also loved the full English breakfast all in all you can't go wrong with this place look forward to staying again soon

Date of stay: May 2016