“Amazing house in an amazing location”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of High Biggin

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 21 reviews

Reviews from our community

RobandNic...
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Amazing house in an amazing location”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 for a stay in November 2011
people found this review helpful

We stayed at High Biggin for one week in November 2011. It is a fantastic place to stay.

All of the rooms are spacious and very well appointed with lots of nice touches, such as remote controlled lighting. The lounge is warm and cosy, especially with the real fire roaring. That was bliss in the cold evenings. We didn't use the dining room, instead choosing to eat at the kitchen table. There was only me and my wife and the dining room table is large, well suited for a family or dinner parties. The kitchen is huge with a separate bright sitting area just off it. The kitchen has an Aga range as well as a hob cooker and conventional oven. Large fridge with ice and cold water dispensers. There is a separate utility room with large American style washer and tumble dryer, both of which are easy to use.

The master bedroom is so spacious with a large modern en-suite bathroom with a walk-in shower and whirlpool bath. My wife spent hours in the bath. There is a separate changing area with loads of storage space. This bedroom, like the rest of the house is tastefully decorated and the bed is so comfortable. Neither of us had a bad nights sleep all week. The master bedroom also has a balcony with stunning views over Windermere. One of the other bedrooms also has a smaller balcony also overlooking the lake. All of the rooms on the front of the house overlook the lake and you can watch the boats going by and the car ferry going back and forth. A different world to the town life we're used to.

Outside is a hot-tub which was nice during those cold November evenings. There is also a BBQ which we didn't get the weather to use. We weren't lucky enough to see any red deer but I understand they are regular visitors.

The house is situated a short drive from the centre of Bowness. I think its probably within easy walking distance but we didn't try. Some of the roads to the house don't have pavements.

The only time I moaned all week was when I couldn't get the Wii to work. It was either not set up right or I was unable to work it due to my ineptitude. Probably the latter. My own fault for trying to play computer games in such a stunning place as the lake district.

All in all, we could not fault this place in anyway. It is perfect for anyone, couples and families alike, wanting a luxurious getaway break in the lakes. I don't doubt that we'll go back again in hopefully the not too distant future.

Date of stay: November 2011
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The setting
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.